My cubicle of Post-its!
Jul 23, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #46 of 154
Actually, the one I did last year was kept up all year until a week before I was coming back. One of the secretaries took down the whole thing while she was preparing the cube. I guess she did'nt know that it was me!

Yeah, there are a lot of people who have come up to me and said that it really brightens their day. Plus, it is actually much easier for me to get work done since it is hard to get really sleepy with technicolor around you.

Of course, I would recommend getting the permission from your boss before doing anything like this!

At my work place, I am the one who gets people pumped about getting stuff done or just tell a joke. It makes peoples' lives better when you can just laugh at those things which go wrong and move on.

Unfortunately, I am not a morning person - so Mondays are not my days...

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #48 of 154
Lovin Kirby! That is so cool that you have the "support" of the bosses. Stupid secretary...

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #49 of 154
the link one is awesome.

great job. you should get a raise.
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #51 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
elvis_post-it_art.jpg

Now THAT is art. The other things are what you'd expect at an elementary school...what a -=waste=-
eek.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #52 of 154
^ I can't tell if that's Elvis or Chris Isaak, but it is very cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I work at a very busy call center.

I need a better job. =/

I much prefer to be busy than slow. The day goes by so much faster.
You just need a job you love doing, not a slower job. You'll find it.

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #53 of 154
I like the Kirby
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #54 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I can't tell if that's Elvis or Chris Isaak, but it is very cool.

Hmmm... Expect Homeland Security to pay a late-night visit to your home.
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by megawzrd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice job, glad to see someone making constructive use of their free time at work.

How delightfully droll!
smily_headphones1.gif

-=Post-It=-, when one is being paid, there is no such thing as free time. :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the one I did last year was kept up all year until a week before I was coming back.

a. No one took the initiative.
b. No one asked for permission.
c. All of the above.

Quote:

One of the secretaries took down the whole thing while she was preparing the cube. I guess she did'nt know that it was me!

I'll bet that made for lively discussion at the microwave!

Quote:

Yeah, there are a lot of people who have come up to me and said that it really brightens their day.

That's just pathetic.

Quote:

Plus, it is actually much easier for me to get work done since it is hard to get really sleepy with technicolor around you.

I would imagine at that workplace you'd need all the help you can get.

Quote:

Of course, I would recommend getting the permission from your boss before doing anything like this!

Yes! Exactly! Always ask for permission! Then perhaps one day you'll rise to be Supervisor!

Quote:

At my work place, I am the one who gets people pumped about getting stuff done or just tell a joke. It makes peoples' lives better when you can just laugh at those things which go wrong and move on.

Well, no wonder they all love you.

Quote:

Unfortunately, I am not a morning person - so Mondays are not my days...

<Anorexic_Karen_Carpenter_Reference. />

Quote:

The statement that was made was hard to say the least.

So, you say it the most?

Quote:

I will say that most of this was done my first two weeks in because I had no access and no amount of me showing up to the division in charge of that there made a lick of difference.

After last year they didn't really expect much.

Quote:

I show up at 8AM and leave after 5PM and have a tendency to get things done sooner than later.

Especially when the things aren't very challenging and are basically mindless tasks working with and for pathetic corporate worker-bee drones.

Welcome to the future!

Quote:

I KNOW THE 20 somethings you are talking about. In fact, I work with many of them....which is part of why it is hard to keep me working. They almost expect you to finish very little in a day and therefore give you the same amount as everyone else....

But you're much better than they are. Don't let them get to you.

Quote:

It beats surfing the net!

Blasphemy!

Quote:

If you guys were wondering how long it takes to do them...

Us guys--no gals obviously--were going to ask you just that--we're all fascinated.

Quote:

I work in the tech field...so you find yourself waiting on occasion.

Yes, that's exactly how it is in the tech field. Thank you for the privilege of basking in your immensely-experienced shadow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are so great.

-=She=- really is!!!!

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #57 of 154
So many grouchy people in here!

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #58 of 154
im sorry but this thread angers me. on one hand you post the abysmal conditions of your dorm and how walls are collapsing in and on the other hand you go around wasting post its like that. the post its might have cost the school all of $10 but its a matter of principle. i dont think its right to complain about living conditions if you yourself are wasting the schools money doing that. on the other hand, if you bought the post its yourself, why not just give the money away to charity...im sure making other peoples days brighter gives you a great level of satisfaction but actually helping out some charity might be money better spent. i dont say it is the right way to do things which is why i used the word "might." but im with ingwe on this one..."it beats surfing the net" HOW DARE YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back