My Clone
Apr 10, 2004 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

amisdad

100+ Head-Fier
I finished my clone last week. I used homegrowns silver wire and all sorts of other good stuff. I made these great front panels from exotic tulip wood. I need somebody to host my pr0n. Anybody?

Apr 10, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 15
lol...

iso.jpg

top.jpg

front.jpg

Apr 10, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 15
very nice!

im making mine this week too. Need to think of an eclosure. was thinking it needs to have some obligatory wood in it, being a clone
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 15
I have some of this tulipwood left over. It's already cut into blanks the same size as pictured. I also have paper templates that I spray mounted to the wood for drill/cut locations. If you can't find quality hardwood near you. I would send these blanks to you. You pay actual shipping only.

Apr 11, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #7 of 15
That Tulipwood is very nice... I was going to guess Koa. Looks great with the black knobs. Neat wiring job, too.

Have you ever listened to an RA1, and if so, how does it actually compare?

Apr 11, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by amisdad
I finished my clone last week. I used homegrowns silver wire and all sorts of other good stuff. I made these great front panels from exotic tulip wood. I need somebody to host my pr0n. Anybody?

Is the light colored wiring insulated? Or is it bare?

Apr 11, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #10 of 15
Tulip wood is simmilar to Koa. I think Tulip wood is more dense and much heavier. It feels like a rock. I have listened to an RA-1 for hours. I can't honestly tell you how the clone compares because I would need an RA-1 here to do a "side by side" comparison. I was not able to tell how much more I enjoyed SR225's over the 80's untill I had them at home, side by side (they actually sounded the same to me until then). I can tell you that I can't immagine a better pairing than my SR225's and this clone. Well, maybe RS1's and this clone. I'll see if my local shop will lend me a demo RA-1 to compare my amp with and I'll post results then.

Apr 11, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Lil_JV
The casework/wiring looks amazing! Congrats. Do have a model number for the case. I am looking for that exact size.

Thanks,

JV.

Cut and paste from another thread

Enclosure, Hammond 1455N16xx
silver, metal panels 1455N1601
silver, plastic panels 1455N1602
black, metal panels 1455N1601BK
black, plastic panels 1455N1602BK

These are the Digikey Part numbers from Tangent's site.

Apr 11, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by ProParadox

The light colored wiring is 99.99% solid silver wire from homegrown audio. It is teflon insulated. You can find it here.

http://www.homegrownaudio.com/diy_silverwire.html

Quote:

The casework/wiring looks amazing! Congrats. Do have a model number for the case. I am looking for that exact size.

Thanks,

JV.

Thanks, the part number for the exact Hammond enclosure I used in 1455N1201BK. You can use 1455N1202BK as well. If I'm not mistaken you can use the 14551601(2) (BK). I think the only difference is that it is 2 inches deeper.

Apr 11, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by ProParadox

The light colored wiring is 99.99% solid silver wire from homegrown audio. It is teflon insulated. You can find it here.

http://www.homegrownaudio.com/diy_silverwire.html

Quote:

Thanks,

JV.

Thanks, the part number for the exact Hammond enclosure I used in 1455N1201BK. You can use 1455N1202BK as well.

Apr 12, 2004 at 12:49 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

If you can't find quality hardwood near you. I would send these blanks to you. You pay actual shipping only.

thankyou for the very kind offer amisdad.
smily_headphones1.gif

However I dont really have time at the moment to cut and drill wood properly and do it justice, so ill pass.

Maybe someone in the same situation would like them?

Amit
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back