My broken HD595's worth anything or should I throw them away?
Mar 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bleudeciel16

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my senny hd595's for a long time and they've been great headphones. (super comfortable too)

I tripped on the super long cord and they slammed into the ground and the plastic that attaches one of the cans broke.  The driver itself it untouched.  (as far as I can see, as the driver assembly is intact)  It still worked ok for a month but I tripped again and this time I think it yanked the cord and now sound only comes out of one side.  I'm fairly sure that the drivers themselves are ok.

Now I'm wondering if I should just throw them away or do they have use to modders or can they be repaired or warrantied? (though I'm guessing since they broke from abuse, warranty wouldn't cover it. (which i understand)

TL;DR

broke my hd595's
sell, trash, or repair? (if any of those options are even possible)

Oh, and I'm planning on picking up some HD650's once I can budget them. :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 6
You can buy new cords for the 595. 
Replacement requires undoing a few screws here and there (maybe not even that much, its been a while), but after that the new cable clips in. Its a very easy repair. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 6
If you love it in every respect, then just replace the cable. The more important thing is cable management - braid it or something so you won't have excess cabling just dangling about to be tripped on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back