My Awesome new car stereo system!!
Jun 22, 2002 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Audio Redneck

Spaceman Spiff
First off: I Love My Wife.
biggrin.gif

Secondly: She figured that I was not as thrilled with the DVD as hoped I'd be, so this morning she bought me a new car stereo system:

Pioneer cassette tuner,
6 pioneer speakers
Pioneer cannon style sub
And a 200wt amp!

She got all of it slightly used but thats ok with me. Before I was barley able to listen to radio stations in the old deck and wore-out speakers in the Bomb (my '86 eagle wagon).

Oh, did I mention the guy also through in a beautiful '88 Toyota Supra with Targa top, new factory paint (not wrecked), perfect interior, an engine you can eat off of, K&N filter, hi-flo exhaust and a compleate dealership maintanence history?

Let me just finish by saying: I Love My Wife!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(post pics, but I can't find a USB cable at the moment
mad.gif
)

Jun 22, 2002 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 10
hehehe, just goes to prove... give the loved one in your life a little slack, and they'll reward you in a way you'll love!!
biggrin.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but is a 'Targa' top glass?

thanks

Jun 23, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
hehehe, just goes to prove... give the loved one in your life a little slack, and they'll reward you in a way you'll love!!
biggrin.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but is a 'Targa' top glass?

thanks

Oh Yeah! But she knows she'll get to drive it some too.
wink.gif
When she was test driving it, she stopped by her folks and asked her dad what year he thought it was - he was off by 11!

Targa:
I think you can get glass (this is steel an plastic), but a Targa is sort of like a hard top convertable were only the area directly above your head, not behind, comes off - Sort of like T-tops (Camaro's, Firebirds, & Nissan Z cars) without the T (center piece connecting front to back). The rear hatch stays attached.

Other famous Targas:
Porsche 911 Targa
Porsche 914
Fiat X/19
Post '84 Corvettes

The only bad part is I am having to work today and tomorrow afternoon, so except for the 5min commute, its sitting.
frown.gif

Jun 23, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
good call by your wife! i told you not to flip out on her.
wink.gif

just tell me it's a manual transmission!

have fun!

It's a manual transmission
biggrin.gif
(she knows I prefer bolt-action in anything with less than 8 cylinders). Now I wish I lived 30min from work instead of 5.

My 4 and 6 year old are now arguing about who GETS to go with daddy instead of who HAS to go with daddy to the store. God is Good and life ain't always bad!

Jun 24, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 10
ooooo Toyota supra.... that's the mark III version right? does yours have turbo?

my dream fun car is the mark IV supra tt. stick shift of course
very_evil_smiley.gif

but you lucky bum you got a wonderful wife who knows what you like.

i haven't seen a used supra in the newpapers since forever and a while. you are lucky.
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 10
Unholy crap, you got a car to go with that car stereo system?!?!?

Sweet...

I would love your wife too...no, wait, that came out wrong...I didn't mean it...

No, seriously, it's not so much that you love your wife, but that your wife loves you. Atsa keeper.

Jun 25, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Its the Mark III and non-turbo which is not a problem as I rarely go over 70. The head gasket has been replaced (the weak link from everything I've heard) as well as most everything that I could find mentioned on the net.

Now I gotta learn something about this amp so the bass will come in sooner. The guy I got it from said a kid that was looking at it fiddled with the amp and made it so that it was only hitting the lowest notes. So it is going from no low end to BA'BOOOM. Not good for Classical, Gospel and Country.

I've been playing with the tuner and its more complicated than a cisco router (which I am also playing with).

And even before the car, the wife is a definate keeper.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back