My ATH-M50 is stuck in USA and UPS does not know how to read a Zip Code Please HELP!!!
Nov 27, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could it be that a private mail box (PMB) number is required for delivery?

look up your address

Yes all that is in the address. Its like a global box but when I asked UPS they said the address was incorrect as the zip code was not identified as a valid zip code.

Mind you Transexpress is famous for delivering packages worldwide. Its a skybox really that gives you a virtual permanent US address. The Zip code had extra numbers for god alone knows why.

Transexpress told me remove the last digits and leave the first 5. They say sometimes these delivery guys gets confused. When I asked UPS they said no they do not normally get confused but some delivery workers do get confused when they see long zip codes.

Man I just hope they ship back out my package its been 2 days since it was returned to the store and the store still has not shipped it out as yet for god alone knows what reason.

I just hope I get it soon and this does not happen again. Can't believe I was this unlucky.

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes all that is in the address. Its like a global box but when I asked UPS they said the address was incorrect as the zip code was not identified as a valid zip code.

Mind you Transexpress is famous for delivering packages worldwide. Its a skybox really that gives you a virtual permanent US address. The Zip code had extra numbers for god alone knows why.

Transexpress told me remove the last digits and leave the first 5. They say sometimes these delivery guys gets confused. When I asked UPS they said no they do not normally get confused but some delivery workers do get confused when they see long zip codes.

Man I just hope they ship back out my package its been 2 days since it was returned to the store and the store still has not shipped it out as yet for god alone knows what reason.

I just hope I get it soon and this does not happen again. Can't believe I was this unlucky.

"Zip + 4" came out in the 80's > wikipedia. You were given a correct 9 digit zip code by a mail service that handles lots of mail. And now they've told you to drop the 4 digit extension so you can receive your mail. Yet, they did not tell you to include your PMB number in your address. This is another service that I would not want to do business with. There's a lot of incompetence out there, educated or not, paid well or not, and no one is immune to its effects. UPS and mail horror stories in general are common this time of year.

Nov 28, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Zip + 4" came out in the 80's > wikipedia. You were given a correct 9 digit zip code by a mail service that handles lots of mail. And now they've told you to drop the 4 digit extension so you can receive your mail. Yet, they did not tell you to include your PMB number in your address. This is another service that I would not want to do business with. There's a lot of incompetence out there, educated or not, paid well or not, and no one is immune to its effects. UPS and mail horror stories in general are common this time of year.

Yeah I see what you mean check this

Transexpress Inc

www.transexpress.com

John Singh
TT10X98564N
7801 N.W. 37TH STREET
Doral, Florida 33166-6503
USA

Thats the exact address. I used that numerous times and everything went smooth.

Now one day I buy a headphone from a company they use UPS and UPS get confused about the Zip code. They said the address was incorrect.

I called transexpress they say sometimes these delivery guys gets confused so just leave the 33166 and forget the rest of digits.

I asked UPS customer rep what the last -6503 means the guy said he had absolutely no Idea. But when he gets a zip code like that he just uses the first 5 digits and just ignores the rest. He says the last digits is totally useless.

Amazing all this time so many stuff I shipped using this exact procedure and everything went smooth until one day I met a company called UPS and that all changed.
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #19 of 24
but! but! but! but! On TV the man seems really nice and helpful, offering the best service imaginable and even asks "WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU???" as if they can do ANYTHING! John, this must have been, like, YOUR fault or something! :wink:

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #20 of 24
Aren't we getting a little worked up for no reason? It's one thing to be unhappy with a service but then to generalize the competance of an entire company's workforce...? Come on now, grow up.
Being that UPS is one of the largest private parcel carriers in the world, I can assure you that they're extremely good at what they do. There's no need to whine like a child because a mistake happened and there really is no reason to redo the zip code system the USPS has in place because of you either.

Maybe I should follow your lead and assume that from the robotic tone of your posts that you're actually dumb and should in no way ever earn more than minimum wage.

If you don't like something, don't use it. You have that right.

My guess is that our resident genious John has been scammed and/or it's more of an ID-10-T error on his side.

Sorry to turn this into a flame war but this whole thread really had no place on this forum in the first place.

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't we getting a little worked up for no reason? It's one thing to be unhappy with a service but then to generalize the competance of an entire company's workforce...? Come on now, grow up.
Being that UPS is one of the largest private parcel carriers in the world, I can assure you that they're extremely good at what they do. There's no need to whine like a child because a mistake happened and there really is no reason to redo the zip code system the USPS has in place because of you either.

Maybe I should follow your lead and assume that from the robotic tone of your posts that you're actually dumb and should in no way ever earn more than minimum wage.

If you don't like something, don't use it. You have that right.

My guess is that our resident genious John has been scammed and/or it's more of an ID-10-T error on his side.

Sorry to turn this into a flame war but this whole thread really had no place on this forum in the first place.

I don't know if it just me but the way john acts would never be accepted on many other forums. Sorry to turn this into a flame war but ever single thread he starts is either OMG!!!!1111 XONAR SUCKS or its WHAT DOES SHAKIRA USE OMG THEY KNOW SOMETHING THEY MUST. Stop acting like a little child and convey your message in a calm and educated manner. Stop generalizing because you can't set it up right or because something got screwed up by a mistype or miscommunication. We also don't need you to make a thread about how UPS sucks because almost everyone knows that couriers screw up shipments frequently. It's a common fact of life get over it.

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #22 of 24
You all fail to realize something very important.

The merchant does not want to ship it back to the same address now and like where the heck he wants to ship it to then?

Also I told him UPS said it was his fault but he denies this claim.

Now the headphone is sitting there and he has my money and he has yet to ship out the headphone.

He also is not responding frequently to emails neither. I think I may have been scammed.!!!!!!!!!

How is that even possible on Amazon.

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You all fail to realize something very important.

The merchant does not want to ship it back to the same address now and like where the heck he wants to ship it to then?

Also I told him UPS said it was his fault but he denies this claim.

Now the headphone is sitting there and he has my money and he has yet to ship out the headphone.

He also is not responding frequently to emails neither. I think I may have been scammed.!!!!!!!!!

How is that even possible on Amazon.

They are acting very smartly. It costs money to ship things and UPS does not refund shipping for returned items. They want to make sure it gets shipped to a correct address rather than a fake one. It is also Thanksgiving. Most places are closed and if they did respond to your emails today thats what I would call customer service. Responding on a national holiday is very surprising. You are not getting scammed. Instead you are acting like a child expecting a merchant to waste their money again to ship it out again to the same address it got returned from. You are also expecting them to take time out of their day off and away from their family. Stop being immature and try and get it shipped to your grandma or a friends house...

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #24 of 24
well yes he did respond today.
smily_headphones1.gif

So I guess they are indeed excellent customer service.

He will have to verify with UPS again one more time before he ships it. Thankfully I have not been scammed.

BTW I had no idea today was a national holiday I do not live in the US.

So I guess they are responding quickly then considering these factors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back