My Alessandros are gathering dirt
Jul 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

New Head-Fier
I came to this forum back in march looking for headphone suggestions, and ended up going with the Music Series One from Alessandro. They sound great, but they have a rather odd problem. After a couple months, the left headphone started buzzing when listening to anything with bass. It sounded like something physical was caught in the headphone, so I took off the earpads and they looked like this:

Not sure what that black dirt is, but it's stuck on the mesh pretty good; this picture was taken after wiping down the cup and even going over it with a dustbuster. There was a dirt speck about 1 millimeter in size before cleaning, which I think was the cause of the buzzing (the headphones sounded fine after it was removed). The cup is still gathering dirt though, and the buzzing just came back, forcing me to clean it again.

I have to say I'm perplexed as to why the left headphone is in such bad shape while the right headphone is almost perfectly clean. Is the pair defective, or is there a reasonable explanation I'm not considering? Either way, I really need to clean the mesh thoroughly, but I don't know how. I don't think it can be taken off and then put back on, and I'm worried that a dirt speck will accumulate on the inside and be impossible to remove. What do I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back