My 32GB Flash IPod Mini
Jan 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #16 of 510
gah, firewall content filters! i can't get to ebay to check on ipod minis :/

i read where transcend is coming out with a 133x 32gb cf card in the near future, plus supposedly by spring 64gb cf cards are going to be more of a reality.

i'm really curious to see how a mini sounds with my vmoda vibes, specially a rockboxed mini.

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #17 of 510
Quote:

Originally Posted by defsquad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gah, firewall content filters! i can't get to ebay to check on ipod minis :/

i read where transcend is coming out with a 133x 32gb cf card in the near future, plus supposedly by spring 64gb cf cards are going to be more of a reality.

i'm really curious to see how a mini sounds with my vmoda vibes, specially a rockboxed mini.

I was running a search on 32gb cf cards and transcend has the 32gb cf card available. I plan on buying one of those cf cards soon. I just picked up a ipod mini myself on ebay, but I diden't find out until after I won it that it needs a new battery.(Well he did refund back some money though.)

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 510
Be aware that not all flash cards will work with hard drive based players! For now we know Sandisk Extreme work with 4th gen iPods, and in this thread there are reports about A-data working with iPod Minis. Prolly A-data and Sandisk Extreme will work with each other iPod models.

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 510
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be aware that not all flash cards will work with hard drive based players! For now we know Sandisk Extreme work with 4th gen iPods, and in this thread there are reports about A-data working with iPod Minis. Prolly A-data and Sandisk Extreme will work with each other iPod models.

Thanks for the heads up. On newegg.com in the listing for the transcend 16gb compact flash card, a person had said they used one in their ipod mini.

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #20 of 510
Beautiful. Then it's time for you to try them and report
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #21 of 510
Jan 29, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #22 of 510
wow, this could indeed be the best audio-only DAP mod going. (will probably get shot for saying that); but to have the imod functionality on the ipod mini, along with rockbox, a better/longer battery, and higher hd space as flash memory; that'd be dope.

how's going to figure out how to put a color lcd in there and have the ultimate flash player going around?

anyway, i'm going to be orderin g the stuff for it tonight, besides, even if a newer/faster 32gig or even 64gig cf drive comes out soon after purchasing this stuff, you can still just sell your current 32gig on ebay and make some coin back; or find other nifty uses for it in other projects
biggrin.gif

may have to sell both of my ipods to do this one and still have money left over to finally upgrade from these vmoda vibes.

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #23 of 510
why would u need a color lcd, if it is music only?

Jan 30, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #25 of 510
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would u need a color lcd, if it is music only?

i'm a sucker for album art and just things that look better. besides, imagine what someone would say if you had a color screen ipod mini :p (geeky, i know)

EDIT: So i just won the bid on a used and halfway working ipod mini. basically it's hd looks to be dead; possibly the battery. Anyway, i got it for something like $28, not too shabby. Pony, did you get an upgraded battery (larger capacity?), or what exactly did you get in terms of an ipod mini battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back