My 32GB Flash IPod Mini
Dec 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #451 of 510
while i haven't tried a 256gb sdxc i have used a 128 and it worked perfectly with the stock firmware, however i found that the adapter didn't work well with rockbox, batterylife went from 20hours to 8 :frowning2:.

i then bought a Komputerbay 128gb CFcard which would only boot once out of every 5 times. Just watch out for that as there's at least one other person with a similar Komputerbay CFcard booting issue. i guess the only thing it had going for it was that it was almost half the price of a more reputably branded one.

after a few years i gave up and bought a dx50. i really miss the form factor of the mini.. plus it was basically indestructible.

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #452 of 510
I found 64G Lexar SDXC card for $25 tonight, marked half off.  They didn't have any 128's....
My next task is to find the card adapter deal.  I have read a handful of posts that say these card adapters are flaky.
I'm not really wanting to have to keep taking the ipod apart for hokey issues. 
What card adapter is reliable or decent that anyone has used???

Dec 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #454 of 510
  I found 64G Lexar SDXC card for $25 tonight, marked half off.  They didn't have any 128's....
My next task is to find the card adapter deal.  I have read a handful of posts that say these card adapters are flaky.
I'm not really wanting to have to keep taking the ipod apart for hokey issues. 
What card adapter is reliable or decent that anyone has used???

Edit.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #457 of 510
Fair enough, I thought I read somewhere that some were too wide for the case.

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #459 of 510
  I haven't received any response from the note I sent to tarkan, so I'm not sure which one to simply order from his site.
If he even lists one for my mini...

AFAIK, all the modern adapters are the same size as the original micro drive, so fit is not a problem. I'd expect the one from Tarkan's sire will work fine in a Mini as the compatibility issues are lower-level (IIRC, DMA support by the adapter).

FWIW, this is the one I use with my SD-Mini ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/221419687616?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ). No issues whatsoever.

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #461 of 510
Speaking of iPod Mini's... Anybody got a spare top bezel and maybe one of the screws? I'm trying to restore a badly neglected 2nd gen and those are the last two pieces I need.

Thanks...

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #462 of 510
  Speaking of iPod Mini's... Anybody got a spare top bezel and maybe one of the screws? I'm trying to restore a badly neglected 2nd gen and those are the last two pieces I need.

Thanks...

Where in the world are you? 

I might have some spares, the bezel won't be perfect condition though if that's important.

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #464 of 510
Ok, so, I went ahead and tried this out today.
It really was not very difficult at all, also pretty excited to actually put it to use.
What I did notice is, now when I copy files to it, they take a long time!
I selected maybe 100 songs to copy over, seemed like it too about 2 hrs +/-....
Thats what took the longest.
Only issue I had was when done, I had error 1429. 
Tried messing with it a few times, then realized I didn't have the SD card plugged in all the way. 
A little hot glue on the bottom cover since it won't stay on and I should be golden!

Thanks for everyone who helped, this was pretty cool and cheap upgrade.

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #465 of 510
  Ok, so, I went ahead and tried this out today.
It really was not very difficult at all, also pretty excited to actually put it to use.
What I did notice is, now when I copy files to it, they take a long time!
I selected maybe 100 songs to copy over, seemed like it too about 2 hrs +/-....
Thats what took the longest.
Only issue I had was when done, I had error 1429. 
Tried messing with it a few times, then realized I didn't have the SD card plugged in all the way. 
A little hot glue on the bottom cover since it won't stay on and I should be golden!

Thanks for everyone who helped, this was pretty cool and cheap upgrade.

Glad we could help. Enjoy the upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back