MX75 foams - recommended for PK1, PK2 and other earbuds
Mar 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

kostalex

Headphoneus Supremus
Many of us here use PK1, PK2, ATH-CM700 or some other good earbuds. The earbuds sound and comfort are very dependable on the foams used. I found a very nice set of cushions for Sennheiser MX75 available at Sennheiser USA online store. Set include 4 grey foams with smaller pores than those of PK1/PK2 original foams. So MX75 foams are less scratchy and more comfortable for those with sensitive ears (like me). Moreover, each set include two pairs of silicone rings of different sizes, which someone may prefer over foams. Rings are of very vivid green color, which someone may dislike. Probably, the same set for Sennheiser MX55 contains grey rings, though I am not sure.

Complete set picture - first 3 rows are specific tips for MX75 (useless for usual buds):

img3478lj0.jpeg

Pictures of silicone rings on my PK1:

img3471ml0.jpeg

img3473rh9.jpeg

I prefer PK1 with punched foam. These provides better details.

img3479in1.jpeg

And I prefer PK2 with usual foam, which tame highs a bit.

img3669mw4.jpg

And finally, see a very interesting combo! Put the ring first and foam then to increase earbud size. This may provide more stable fit for someones large ears like mine. This also increases soundstage a little bit.

img3674bf2.jpg

[size=medium]Attention to OK1 / OK2 owners![/size]

Those green rings do not fit OK1 and OK2.

NOTES:

You may see that both of my PK1 and PK2 are recabled. I have a good friend who did that trick for me. These cables much better resist to our cold winter than original Yuin cables. Cables were taken from JVC HA-FX33 (Marshmallow) and iGrado.

You may also pay attention that some foams are punched. The same good friend made me a nice tool to cut these holes - metal tube with sharp edge.

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #5 of 23
Found that out the hard way, but I like the softer pads. Two pair for $8 with S&H isn't a great deal, though, since the green plastic thingies went into the trash. When they wear out, I'll go back to regular pads.

Jun 11, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These Sennheisers gray foams shown above.

Are you sure the MX75 foams are still on the Senheisser website? I checked and couldn't find them online

Jun 11, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just opened the link at my OP successfully.

LOL Thanks a lot, I just actually clicked on the link instead of searching myself on the website, and it worked. And you think the foamies will make the OK2 sound better with dance/electronic/hip-hop music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back