Must PS3 Games?
Dec 2, 2008 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hey head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

I recently got a PS3 with two games: GTA IV and FIFA Soccer 2009..
I love them both, but I want other games aswell.
What do you recommend?
I'm not a fan of RPG's like Valkyria Chronicles and Fallout 3 so don't suggest them
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 40
Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Dead Space, Uncharted

Fallout 3 is more an FPS than RPG, it's actually one of the better multi-platform releases (although perjhaps more of a rental)

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Dead Space, Uncharted

Fallout 3 is more an FPS than RPG, it's actually one of the better multi-platform releases

The problem with MGS4 is that I haven't played the previous games in the series, so I won't be able to follow the story.
LBP is just soooo boring, I don't know why there's this much hype about it but honestly, it's just not fun
regular_smile .gif

I've wanted to play Dead Space for a long time, I'll probably but it some time - hope I won't be too scared :p

Uncharted - I'll give it a shot, this week I'm getting a wireless router so I'll connect my PS3 and download it's demo (and many other demos).

I'll give it a shot (FO3).

Any other suggestions?

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 40
Pretty much everything big game is overrated, but it's all relative so.

Call of Duty 4 & 5 are great militiary FPSs
GTAIV if you like sandbox games

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty much everything big game is overrated, but it's all relative so.

Call of Duty 4 & 5 are great militiary FPSs
GTAIV if you like sandbox games

COD4 = GOD, I have it on the PC although it's on 640x480 res and all settings are set to low.

I will definitely check out COD5, thanks for the great suggestions.

(In my first post I wrote that I already have GTAIV)

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 40
COD5 is a big step down from COD4. I played COD5 all the way through in one afternoon and went back to COD4 as everything (gameplay, sighting system, graphics) is better on the older game. I play on a 56 inch screen and I had a a lot of trouble telling the difference between the bad guys and my soldiers most of the way through COD5. COD4 Online is also awesome.

Dead Space is interesting and the new Resistance is fun though not much better than the first one that came out a few years ago.

Both of the Rainbow 6 Vegas games are excellent though part one has graphic problems so you have to set it to 720p.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #7 of 40
I beat Dead Space, it's pretty fun if repetitive. There are some great set pieces, but most of the time you'll either be moving through corridors or locked in a room, fending off waves of enemies. (Who btw, aren't particularly smart) It's not that difficult, I beat the game mostly using the stock weapon with no suit upgrades. Still had plenty of money, ammo, and health.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 40
Fallout 3 was a relatively poor port on the PS3, so it's better to get on the 360 anyway (although PC's always the best in these cases).

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 40
And BTW, Call of Duty: World at War isn't necessarily COD5, it's rumored that COD5 will be made by Infinity Ward (who also worked on the fantastic COD4), which is why World at War doesn't have the numeric designation.

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #12 of 40
Burnout Paradise,
Grand Theft Auto IV,
Devil May Cry 4,
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (the 2nd one's coming out!),
Ninja Gaiden Sigma,
Little Big Planet (how did you not like this?!)
Metal Gear Solid 4
COD4 or COD5 or both
PES 2008 or Fifa09 depending on your fanbase
Resistance and Resistance 2 (just because! and 2 player coop!)

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with MGS4 is that I haven't played the previous games in the series, so I won't be able to follow the story.

Prior series knowledge isn't necessary for MGS4 since the core story is mostly self contained. It isn't too hard to keep up as you'll also get (way too much) exposition in (interminably long) cutscenes too. So much that it's a major drag on the total experience.

The gameplay is certainly good enough to stand on it's own and the (greatly) improved control scheme finally manages to make Snake a competent gunslinger. Maybe too much so since it's possible to play the game as a third person shooter with occasional stealthy bits.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 40
motorstorm and motorstorm pacific rift
if you play online warhawk (rent it first though and turn off motion controls)
megaman 9
high velocity bowling is a good bowling game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back