Musiland US 02 DAC -> Maverick D1 - SPDIF Not Working?!?
May 23, 2011 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sizzlincok

100+ Head-Fier
Please refer to the other thread as I wasn't getting much help from this forum section haha:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/555528/musiland-us-02-dac-maverick-d1-spdif-not-working

---------

So, I recently picked up a Musiland Monitor 02 US DAC.
I read through the entire Musiland Monitor 02 US thread, but no one seems to have the problem I am, which leads me to start a new thread.

Currently my soundcard is an Audigy2 ZS. Hooked up via coax, outputting at 24/96 to my Maverick Audio D1. Works great. The D1 accepts 24/96 max over optical/coax.

I'll TRY and make this the simplest I can. Simply put:
The Musiland can be used as a transport. USB -> SPDIF converter. Optical/Coax out, as well as analog outs.
Connecting the Musiland to the D1 via SPDIF is the problem. (Optical seems not working so this will all be about coax.)

Through foobar, the WASAPI/ASIO feature allows bit perfect to be sent to the audio device selected. Sending 24/96 through my Audigy2, audio works. However, sending bit perfect 24/96 media through the Musiland, no audio.

The Musiland has an option to set the sample rate to a fixed rate, so I set the fixed rate to 96, playing anything such as MP3's via WMP, no audio.

Setting the sample rate to 44/48, then playing 24/96 media through WASAPI, the Musiland automatically changes the sample rate to 96, and audio doesn't work.

Once I set the sample rate to 44/48 on the Musiland, I hear the D1 making a "click", and audio works with any regular audio from the computer. (The click is the D1 detecting the signal internally.)

Of course, over the analog out on whatever sample rate from the Musiland to the D1, it works.

--------

I've tested this with the AUNE amp/dac, as well as my Logitech Z680. Both over coax.

The AUNE and the Logitech Z680 both accepts 24/96, and audio works with both.

So I can conclude that there's nothing wrong with the Musiland. It's not the drivers. I've tested multiple drivers, and the AUNE and Z680 still works.

It's JUST with the D1. The D1 accepts 24/96. If it's accepting 24/96 through my Audigy2, why won't it work with the Musiland? 

Does ANYONE have any idea?

Here's a picture of my settings. I believe I'm doing everything right, as it's the same with my Audigy2, except the device is the Musiland now. I've tried almost every setting, every combination. Nothing works. There seems to be a problem with the Musiland and the D1 ONLY @ 24/96.

http://i.imgur.com/raSB5.png

Don't mind that there's nothing active in the volume bars. As you should know WASAPI bypasses WDM and goes straight to the audio device. It's the same thing when the sample rate is 44/48, which works to the D1.

May 25, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Try "fast" vs "precision" in the sample rate generation screen

Quote:
have u try making your musiland 02 the default device in the windows setting???mines work perfectly..

Tried them both. I've tried everything. EVERYTHING. All the settings, different combinations. 

Outputting 44/48 to the D1, WORKS, but once the sample rate is changed to 96, it does not work. The D1 will not output any audio. Heck, even 88.2 doesn't work!

Keph, are you using the digital outputs?
Are you outputting to a Maverick D1 to be exact?

As far as I know, only the D1 is having the problem.
My AUNE and Logitech Z680 does not have any problem with 96khz input.

Please refer to this thread now:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/555528/musiland-us-02-dac-maverick-d1-spdif-not-working

It seems to have the most logical explanation for the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back