Musiland Monitor 02 US
Jan 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #361 of 1,340
@debitson: Yes, my driver disc is 1.0.7.0 too and under Seven x64 it works very good! But, unfortunately not under Vista x64. With the 1.0.3.2 WDM works under Vista x64 but not ASIO.

@angle_sh00ter: I found the musiland too powerful for my Proline 750s, and I use the right output (PL750s is 40 Ohms, so I connected on the Second output), I think it could handle more hungry headphones on the first output (Up to 300 Ohms)

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #362 of 1,340
Apart from the underwhelming amp, I'm also having problems with absence of a dedicated power button.

I either have to disconnect the usb cable, or the power cable. Since disconnecting the usb one is far easier it's what I usually do, however, when I plug the amp back it, it frequently refuses to set AN output channel (no leds at the front are lighting up) and then I need to take the unplug the power cable to reset it to a workable state. @#$%&@$@

Would anyone say it's worth upgrading to the Aune Mk2 amp instead (similar DAC specs, but alegedly a better amp that can drive up to 600ohm headphones)?

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #363 of 1,340
Boohoo, my Musiland is now in Denmark and it's supposed to be in Finland. Coulda propably had it today but Parcel Force is just too damn stupid to note a difference in Finland vs Denmark.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #364 of 1,340
I got mine last week. Install 1.0.3.2 and it works straight away. Nice. I am running XP-32 and Foobar (Vista is bad). It sounds good as a source. I haven't tried the head-amp seriously as that isn't why I got it and I have a good headphone amp already.

Couple of questions for the people out there...
  1. I have used it straight into my power amp and just used the volume control in Foobar and/or on the monitor to adjust volume. Any reason not to do this? I've also considered using a passive volume control between the DAC and amp.
  2. Why would I want to use the newer firmware if 1.0.3.2 is working fine. Is there a SQ improvement?

-Michael

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #365 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfaughn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine last week. Install 1.0.3.2 and it works straight away. Nice. I am running XP-32 and Foobar (Vista is bad). It sounds good as a source. I haven't tried the head-amp seriously as that isn't why I got it and I have a good headphone amp already.

Couple of questions for the people out there...
  1. I have used it straight into my power amp and just used the volume control in Foobar and/or on the monitor to adjust volume. Any reason not to do this? I've also considered using a passive volume control between the DAC and amp.
  2. Why would I want to use the newer firmware if 1.0.3.2 is working fine. Is there a SQ improvement?

-Michael

1. Most power amp has a volume control. Even if not, it's easy to adjust the volume on your PC.
2. Just like opamp rolling, driver rolling can make different styles of sound. You can have a try and see which version you like most. Here's my collection of different driver versions: Index of /musiland

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #366 of 1,340
Just joining "Club Monitor 02 US" here
smily_headphones1.gif

Initial sound impressions: Nice and clean
Initial driver impressions: Surprisingly stable on Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit. Both 1.0.3.2 and 1.0.7.0

And here I was thinking I was done with my hardware purchases...

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #367 of 1,340
Hi all,

I'm using Monitor 02 via USB with Darkvoice 336 amp. But Monitor 02 gets noise from my computer (capacitor/cpuish noise) There is no problem with headphone out but it is very very irritating with line out.

Does anyone have this issue? Or does anyone know about the solution?

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #368 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by hasanyuceer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

I'm using Monitor 02 via USB with Darkvoice 336 amp. But Monitor 02 gets noise from my computer (capacitor/cpuish noise) There is no problem with headphone out but it is very very irritating with line out.

Could be a usb ground loop or just dirty signal from a bad usb controller. I had a similar issue with my usb dac which was fixed once I installed a dedicated pci usb controller.

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #369 of 1,340
Quote:

Hi all,

1. If you are using a laptop, try to run it on battery only. If you are using it on a PC, try it on another computer or a battery powered laptop.
2. Temporarily turn off your wireless, and wireless router, mobile phone, etc.
3. Try different drivers on Index of /musiland

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #370 of 1,340
Thanks for quick help..

I tried running on battery and noises are gone. But i cant run it on battery forever..

What can be the solution?
Another charger? Faraday cage for USB or Power jack? Filtered USB Cable? Maybe using headphone out instead of line out?

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #371 of 1,340
Quote:

Thanks for quick help..

I tried running on battery and noises are gone. But i cant run it on battery forever..

What can be the solution?
Another charger? Faraday cage for USB or Power jack? Filtered USB Cable? Maybe using headphone out instead of line out?

This happens on some laptops. I just knew it a couple days ago. Someone managed to fix it by grounding his laptop PSU.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #372 of 1,340
My PSU is grounded but it was still happening.. I solved problem with changing my laptops psu with my friend's.. It is noiseless now
beyersmile.png

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This happens on some laptops. I just knew it a couple days ago. Someone managed to fix it by grounding his laptop PSU.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #373 of 1,340
My friends PSU is making the same noise now.. It is quite irritating
triportsad.gif
Quote:

My PSU is grounded but it was still happening.. I solved problem with changing my laptops psu with my friend's.. It is noiseless now
beyersmile.png

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #375 of 1,340
Tried now, not working...

I'm using with Belkin's surge protector, gold plated and shielded (not filtered) usb cable..

Only left to try; filtered usb cable and pcmcia usb..

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe try to wrap the psu with some foil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back