Musiland MD-10
Jan 15, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #76 of 269
just fyi,
as I heard from Mr. Fan's friend Mr. Zhou (yelzin@gmail.com) who is in Europe.
US users can get directly from ifiaudio without any delay, they have enough in stock. the price is much cheaper than official price.
at beginning I contacted ifiaudio, but it is too expensive to ship to EU.
Then I got directly from China with help from Mr. Zhou by insured DHL package. This guy accept paypal, it is very convenient.
I tracked my MD10 everyday on DHL website by tracking number they provided, I was a little bit nervous, but only 1 week, I got it.
the price including DHL is similar as US price.
I am still burning in this DAC

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #77 of 269
PV emailed me that they will let me know when it ships so obviously they actually have no stock. Websites like Newegg and NCIX move a lot more hardware than PV does and has no problem informing the customer if they actually have stock or not before they put in their order. I'll give them a week or two and if it hasn't shipped by then I will cancel my order.

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #78 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wei at iFi Audio has heard from his partner in China that the MD30 will not be available for at least 6 months. So there you go.

To bad. =(

Maybe I should order an MD10 instead, and see if I like it, like laxx said.

But it's good to know anyway, when it will be released. Thank you.

Jan 17, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #79 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wei at iFi Audio has heard from his partner in China that the MD30 will not be available for at least 6 months. So there you go.

Yes.

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #80 of 269
what connection is everyone using? usb, optical, or coax? anyone got a chance to compare the quality of all 3? also are you guys leaving the md-10 on all the time? the manual says to avoid turning it on and off all the time, but i'm concerned that if i leave it on 24/7, the blue lcd will burn out...

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #81 of 269
Do we have any details on the headphone amplifier part of this (it should be fine with 120Ohm 595s right?)

Also what do the AV/HIFI modes do to the sound?

I have to admit I'm very interested in this because I can use it to avoid my x-fi and use it with my ibook too.

Would you guys say that this DAC+amp is better than an X-fi analogue out???
Also, would this be far better than a simple USB line out and a seperate amp?

Jan 20, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #83 of 269
thanks - I've looked through the threads and it looks interesting.

I have to admit that I like the look of the headphonia device with the AD8397.
This MD10 looks lovely too.
As does the Corda Aria with LM6171 (but i already have a 6172 device and wasn't enamoured).

Is there any one that clearly has the edge out of these?

Spec wise from datasheets I guess the MD10 wins out (especially since I already have a govibe if I decide to use 250/300Ohm headphones with it). but the headphonia looks very competitive too.

Jan 21, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #85 of 269
Looks like that the MD10 is out of stock everywhere. And pacific valve has bumped the price up.

Jan 22, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #86 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by pftrvlr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like that the MD10 is out of stock everywhere. And pacific valve has bumped the price up.

why not get from ifiaudio directly? as I heard from Mr.Fan, Ifiaudio has quite a lot MD10 in stock. and the price is lower.
I am still burning in my MD10 which I got directly from China. It is getting more detailed now.
I tried to use both laptop (flac) usb and CD-player coaxial input, I cannot tell difference at the moment.
very small and solid, I can not believe such a small thing give so nice sound.

Jan 22, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #89 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by serotec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still burning in my MD10 which I got directly from China. It is getting more detailed now.

From where in China can you get the MD10 directly?

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #90 of 269
I ordered a MD10 about 4 weeks ago from Pacific Valve for the old price and a ship estimate of 2 - 3 days. 2 -3 days turned into 2 - 3 weeks and it arrived today and I am listening to it as I type.

My setup is a MacBook -> USB -> MD 10 -> Sonoran Cactus -> Ear Purist HD150 -> K701. I don't have much recent hifi reference points but I have a few comments. (Does anyone remember Dahlquist?)
blink.gif

The less favorable:
The unit is made is China and the menus for configuring it navigate like it.

The more favorable:
I can't believe the difference in sound going from the earphone jack on the Mac to the HD150 vs going through the MD10. There is a depth and clarity to the music that I didn't realize was possible in head fi.

Why did I get the MD10? $$$ and USB. It is worth many times the $255 I paid for it and the 3 week wait. If the question is DAC or not to DAC, buy the MD10.

I've seen them recently fors ale on Audiogon...
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back