Musician's Friend - Official Thread
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Sedric Arnold

Sponsor: Musician's Friend
hfhq.PNG
There are two sides to experiencing great sound; creation and consumption. We've worked with artists at all levels for over 50 years providing the best tools needed to bring their vision to life. We are a very diverse team that loves listening to all types of music as much as we love creating it. We provide you with a selection of products to help you enjoy it as much as we do and experience it the way the artist intended.

You may be asking yourself - why shop with Musician's Friend?
Here is why: Our Backstage Pass, financing, 45 day return policy, 45 day low price matching guarantee, and exclusive deals. And if you want to experience the joy of making music we have a pretty good selection of equipment too.

Headphone Headquarters

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 29

Attachments

• Philips_HiFi4.jpeg
    Philips_HiFi4.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 29
Awesome. I've shopped at Musicians Friend since I was in high school. Glad to see the pro audio and audiophile worlds coming closer together.

Although, prices are a bit high. $499 for Sennheiser HD 650?!

Come on!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 29
We have an exclusive deal for our fellow head-fiers. Buy the Philips Fidelio X2HR using coupon code
MFX2HR and save $60 **Limit 2 per order**. Free shipping within the 48 contiguous states. Deal ends 12am 3/26/2018.

If you join to become a Backstage Pass Member or are already a member you will get 8% back in rewards to use towards a future deal. Click here to learn more.

upload_2018-3-23_16-38-42.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #9 of 29
I own the X2/27 . How does the X2/27 and X2HR differ.? What specifically did they tweak that makes it more HR than the x2/27? tks

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 29
I own the X2/27 . How does the X2/27 and X2HR differ.? What specifically did they tweak that makes it more HR than the x2/27? tks
I was sold by Philips that the tuning in the upper frequencies (not given specific range) have been tweaked; they are slightly brighter than the older model. In order to be hi-res a driver has to be able to produce 20Hz to at least 40kHz. Also, any issues with quality control from the X2/27 have been fixed.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #14 of 29
Wow excellent deal. I've purchased. Should get them Wednesday. I have high hopes for these.
They are great headphones. The X1 were the first headphones that got me interested in audiophile headphones. Before then I had JVC Gummies and Beats. Now I'm using Audeze LCD-i4, Beyerdynamic DT1990Pro, Chord Mojo and others in that category. I still have my X1, and the X2HR which I actually prefer for electronic music and gaming.

I think you'll enjoy them. :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #15 of 29
The new T60RPs look interesting. I like the mahogany oiled cups.
The T60RP wood cups add a unique touch to the classic Fostex style.

My colleague ,David - an awesome guitar player-, says they're very detailed, have a decent soundstage, and he get a nice tingle when listening to well recorded albums. He does prefer them in his home studio though. He rocked them all day without fatigue but I did see a bottle of ibuprofen at his desk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back