Musical Paradise M2-D2 AK4490 Balanced Dac Reviews?
Apr 20, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #962 of 963
MP-DX: Dueland Cast 0.01uf Pure Silver Foil, Jupiter Copper & Foil 2.2uf, General Electric 6SN7-GTB, ESS 9039 Pro, AS338 Femto Clock.

This has the best bass than any other DAC that I've used and the detail retrieval/imaging with the upgraded caps is out of this world. Using Airplay through the raspberry pi thats on board, it's so convenient and sounds great. Such awesome kit!
tempImageD8ORCx.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #963 of 963
Congratulations on your DAC, and bravo for the choices you've made regarding GE tubes (which must be getting scarce ?) and the choice of output capacitors, which are really very interesting.

With this DAC, the variations are almost infinite, depending on the choices each of us makes concerning these two essential elements: output capacitors and tubes. Great choice, too, for the Duelund bypass capacitors. I've also been able to see for myself just how much harmonic richness and subtlety they bring to the musical result.

I really hesitated between the fabulous Jupiter condensers, which bring an almost magical transparency, and the Miflex, which emphasize the impact of the low frequencies and, above all, the carnal and bewitching side of the voices.

You don't mention it, but perhaps you already have? Treat yourself to a Synergistic Research Purple fuse (5 or 6.3 A) and you're in musical heaven.

For its price, this DAC is a giant !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back