Musical Fidelity V-LINK USB SPDIF
Jun 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #181 of 191
Quote:
Does this work with mac OSX?
If i connect from the mac-vlink-dac does it show up in core audio as an audio device?
I want to use this while mixing in logic..

Yes, it does. It definitely shows up in Sound Preferences to select as an output device.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #182 of 191
Thats great, thanks grokit!
Looks like i will spending some more money soon..
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #184 of 191
Windows 8 driver (v 1.61) is out and working very well for me:

The page:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/support/software-downloads/

Link to the file:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/software-downloads/Windows8-USB/MF-USB-192-V1.61.0win32-64.zip

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #185 of 191
I installed V 1.61 on the weekend on Windows 7 and was amazed at the "improvement" in sound coming out of my dac. Big step forward in details and imaging. My neutral sounding dac is much more neutral now, though, and I'm adjusting to the changes. My best recordings are that much better, while lesser recordings are not as much fun to listen to as they were before.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #188 of 191
Hi there,

Just got a V-Link II and plugged it into a PC running Ubuntu. The USB signal doesn't lock (actually it does for a few seconds when I turn on the computer - the green light appears - then stops). The command cat /proc/asound/VLink/stream0 returns:

Musical Fidelity Musical Fidelity V-Link at usb-0000:00:1d.1-1, full speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000

First line is encouraging, but then why does it say "Status: Stop"? How do I turn it back on?

Thanks for any help!

May 12, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #189 of 191
The "stop" status means your interface is not working, because it has nothing to deal with (no data are coming into your interface) 
tongue_smile.gif
. To get that status "Running", you juste need to play a song from your favorite player...
Thus that playback status is correlated with the green light from the V-link which means exactly the same (on : data coming in, off : no data).
About the fact it turns on few sec. while you're turning on your computer is related to the BIOS doing hardware analysis, like an optical mouse sensor turning on few seconds then getting back to off and finally turning back to on when your OS starts handling it.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #190 of 191
Hi guys,

Just to bump this thread. I just found an offer for the V-LINK II for 40 USD. It looks in a good shape. Should I snag it? Is it worth it?

I currently use optical to connect to my Audio gd NFB 5 but I used USB from time to time for those ddf tracks.

Does this really give a better quality?

Thanks in advance.

May 25, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #191 of 191
  Hi guys,

Just to bump this thread. I just found an offer for the V-LINK II for 40 USD. It looks in a good shape. Should I snag it? Is it worth it?

I currently use optical to connect to my Audio gd NFB 5 but I used USB from time to time for those ddf tracks.

Does this really give a better quality?

Thanks in advance.

Please... If you dont grab it. I wanna !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back