Musical and engaging headphones recommendation
Jan 28, 2018 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cfranchi

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I have actually Dunu Falcon-C IEM (previously DN2000J).
What I particulary like with Dunu house sound is how musical and engaging it is: deep and impactful bass (quantity and quality), fuller mids (never thin or distant) and refined trebble.
Also I greatly appreciate quality / price of Dunu IEMs : untouchable !

I previously had Earsonics S-EM6 V2 (1000 EUR, neutral and balanced sound, but a bit boring) and Earsonics Velvet V2 (700 EUR, more musical but mids were too thin and distant).

So I'm looking for an headphone that is musical and engaging like my Dunu Falcon-C : deep and impactful bass, fuller mids and refined trebble. I'll use headphone at home but I prefer something that I could use with a portable DAC/AMP.

My budget would be 1000 EUR but I definitely consider headphones of lower prices (maybe I'll have to add a portable DAC or AMP like Mojo or JBL O2).
I was looking for Beyer T5p but my feeling is that they won't fit my requirements.
Also tempted by planar headphones (for bass and vocals) and open design.

I'm waiting for your proposals !

Jul 19, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 4
The fearless y2k g10, aur audio, stealthsonics, the mg600, hibi lasya, earsonics es 10 actually... penon can make some musical stuff.. otherwise am looking to get something like a es 10 myself since it puts instruments a background to vocals, without any sibilance in the treble or sounding thin, rather warm and full sounding, mids are a focus.. intimate/upfront/forward and all that means engaging or musical in your own words.

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Planar, look at Dan Clark Audio or the Audeze LCD series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back