Music You Wish Was In Hi-fi
Nov 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pirakaphile

500+ Head-Fier
So I'm jammin' out to Jean-Luc Ponty and I look on HDtracks to see if he has anything recorded above CD quality. Nuthin, check the internet, and he doesn't have anything. Now I'm onto Kansas and I can't see any hifi recordings anywhere. Not that I'm finding any fault with the absolutely delicious sounds wafting into my brain, but wouldn't it just be so much better at twice, or four times the quality?

Talk about the great music you wish was in even higher resolution, or maybe was recorded better, and just maybe you'll find that something you've been looking for has been in existence all along!

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Now listening to Kronos Quartet playing Philip Glass, and I'm sad that it's only in CD quality as well. After listening to FLAC 24/96, I really noticed a difference, and now I'm gonna be smacking myself for years.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 4
  Now listening to Kronos Quartet playing Philip Glass, and I'm sad that it's only in CD quality as well. After listening to FLAC 24/96, I really noticed a difference, and now I'm gonna be smacking myself for years.

...you might want to check out this one... I actually own it as LP and a s CD and the sound quality is stunning. After a lot of comparing most of the actually available digital formats, I am still in the opinion, that as long as CD quality is given, the recording and mastering itself plays a much more important role for the final result and can already be extremely enjoyable. But of course, given a good recording and mastering as well as at least full CD quality, any higher resolution format will surely be the dot on the i...

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I recently discovered CDBaby.com. High quality mp3's AND FLAC's for the price of one mp3 file. But they have mostly independent musicians that deal with them directly without a record company, so it's usually the rare and niche stuff you can find there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back