Music to put yourself to sleep
Apr 13, 2004 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
What do you guys listen to if you're having a hard time sleeping? Personally, I have a playlist on my Karma with some of my favorite Tool songs: Third Eye (Live), No Quarter, Disposition/Reflection/Triad, Pu**** (Live)

I don't get to Reflection before I'm sound asleep. What zonks you guys out?

Apr 13, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 20
Current sleeping playlist. I like to change it every week.'

01. Red Snapper - They're Hanging Me Tonight
02. Squarepusher - Ultravisitor
03. Datach'i - Intercoursing
04. Squarepusher - Squarewindow
05. Aphex Twin - Acrid Avid Jam Shred
06. Boards of Canada - Amo Bishop Roden
07. Christ. - Dream of the Endless
08. Christ. - Lazy Daisy Meadow
09. Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II - Track02
10. Biosphere - Poa Alpina
11. Boards Of Canada - You Could Feel The Sky
12. Aphex Twin - #19

Apr 13, 2004 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 20
If I ever have a CD that puts me to sleep, i'm getting a refund!

Apr 13, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 20
For some reason (partly from Pavlov's dog efect) Zero 7 - Simple Things knocks me out within 3 songs if I'm lying down. It's easy for me to get into the zone where I can fall asleep easily (though I can listen to it normally and enjoy it).

Apr 13, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #6 of 20
Beethoven's 5th Symphony

(And I don't mean it in a bad way! It just so happens to be the only CD I have ever fallen a sleep to! Infact, it put me into such a deep sleep, once a burgler robbed my house without me knowing )
eek.gif

Apr 13, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 20
not to pimp my music, but seriously... if i listen to most songs i've written, i feel REALLY sleepy. i dunno if that's a good thing though for my music.
wink.gif

if you're having trouble sleeping, it's worth a try. seriously. download the song "Falling to Dreams" from my website. it's a lullaby, so it's the sleepiest of all the songs. it works!
wink.gif
and yes, i'm completely serious.

heck, here's a direct link:

http://www.fallingtodreams.com/music...o%20Dreams.mp3

when i go to bed, i usually pick 3 songs from my "album," the title song being the last. i almost never make it half way through before dozing off.

Apr 13, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #10 of 20
Apr 18, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #11 of 20
The Doors - The End
Soft Machine BBC Sessions Album (just go through the whole thing)
Dark Side of the Moon
maybe even a little Bob Marley Legend

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #12 of 20
I would suggest Orpheus' music but he already self advertised
etysmile.gif

Man 3rd Eye is a weird song. Are you having any nightmares after sleeping to it?

I used to sleep to Rage Against The machines a few years ago.

Now I need softer stuff to sleep or so it seems. Ill try some harder stuff today.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 20
There is no better music for this purpose than the Mercury Program's "A Data Learn the Language", and "All the Suits Begin to Fall Off". In fact, I don't even call them by their names anymore, I just call them "My Nyquil". Beautiful music though, so they're rewarding to stay awake and listen to.

I reccomend giving them a listen.

Also, Thaddy:
thumbsup.gif
on the Tool. One of my favorite groups. Not to threadjack, but have you heard anything about the upcoming album? I heard it's coming around Christmas / early 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back