Music that makes you cry pt.?
Nov 15, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #32 of 44
Bob Dylan's 'Blonde on Blonde' double CD is pretty touching... and this is kind of random but Goo Goo Doll's 'Here Is Gone' is good for post-break-ups.

Smile, everybody.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #34 of 44
I have wept at the beauty of music in live settings a number of times. It happens rarely when I listen to recordings. But one that gets me is the Aria di Santa Eugenia "Il Trionfo dell'Innocenza" by Caldara sung by Cecilia Bartoli. It is very, very beautiful.

Nov 17, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
Every time I hear "Last Kiss", a cover from Pearl Jam, I get misty-eyed. I keep thinking about how devastated I would be if that were me and my wife. I hate to think about that, but that is all I can think about when I hear that song.

That song saddens my heart as well. It's devastating.

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #36 of 44
queen's 'made in heaven' - posthumously released and cleverly titled album equivalent to 'songs from the grave'. most of the songs are sad especially irony of "its a beautiful day" (both vocal and instrumental version).
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #38 of 44
Anything by the late Elliott Smith. They're beatiful, raw, moving peices. It won't necessarily make me cry, but it's very depressing nonetheless.

I highly reccomend listening to the albums either/or, elliott smith (self named), and roman candle.

PM me with your opinions if you actually give them a try.

Nov 19, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mahoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything by the late Elliott Smith. They're beatiful, raw, moving peices. It won't necessarily make me cry, but it's very depressing nonetheless.

I highly reccomend listening to the albums either/or, elliott smith (self named), and roman candle.

PM me with your opinions if you actually give them a try.

YES!!! elliott smith is just an amazing songwriter. people are probably gonna shoot me for this, but IMHO, he is the greatest songwriter of my generation. PLEASE listen to his music, it has changed my life completely.

and i also agree with the jeff buckley statment

Nov 19, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Schindler's List soundtrack...especially the track (cannot remember the name) with just the choir of children singing. First shivers, then goosepimples, then very often some tears.

I get goosepimples a lot when i listen to it. Very emotional. Beck's Sea Change stung my eyes when I listened to it right after i broke up with my girlfriend. heh.

Nov 19, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #42 of 44
Folk music touches me deeply. The first time that I got really heart-wrenched and weepy by music was when I listened to John McDermott's Battlefield of Green, a collection of war-related songs, including Eric Bogle's famous "Green Field of France" and "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda". The emotional effect was so devastating and visceral that I felt I was hit by a bomb.

Pardon the new-agey expression, but I can only describe Linda Thompson's album Fashionably Late as "full of negative energy". That rusty voice, singing of real regrets and imaginary redemption, it dwells in your mind like a black hole, which swallows all the colors in this world and replace them with its dark radiance. I don't know of any album quite like this, although sometimes Marianne Faithful and June Tabor come close.

Nov 21, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #44 of 44
Weird Al - White and Nerdy

Sometimes I cry uncontrolably when I hear this song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back