Music Suggestions Needed.
Oct 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Afro_Rebel

100+ Head-Fier
I'll be helping in a pr campaign for a game that I've been playing, which is sadly losing a lot of players. This would involve several videos to promote the game, which is where I'm having a problem. I can't seem to find any music that I think would be appropriate for the videos. The game is FREELANCER, which is full of intense action.

I've looked into Polyphonic Choir tracks, but I couldn't find anything in that genre that was dramatic enough, or had the energy level that I'm looking for. I'm currently focusing on orchestral/symphonic pieces but still am out of luck. I found the Secret Laboratory Theme from Street Fighter IV. I can't use this track of course, but I'd like to find some similar tracks that I can use.

Can you help me out?

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 5
There are tons of choices. How long is the video? What will it show?

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 5
The length will most likely vary with each video (there will be several), and will probably be between 1 minute to 3 minutes. The videos would show plenty of action with calm sequences in each video. It's an RPG, Third/First Person Shooter, and Adventure game all rolled into one.

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Off the top of my head, try these:

Carl Orff - O Fortuna
Edvard Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
Shostakovitch Symphony #5
Mozart's Requiem (In particular - Dies Irae, Tuba Mirum & Confutatis)
John Williams - Duel of The Fates
Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 (1st & 3rd mvmts)
Mussorgsky - Night on Bald Mountain

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 5
Duel of Fates is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, but I don't know if we could use movie soundtracks. If we could, then I've got plenty of music for the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back