music revisited.....
Oct 1, 2002 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

millerdog

1000+ Head-Fier
I got to thinking about the "quality vs quantity" thread so went back to listen to some stuff...
The Clash "London Calling"
Dan Fogelberg "Phoenix"
don't laugh..Kenny Loggins "Nightwatch"
This represents music I haven't listened to for over a year....I had to blow dust off of the Fogelberg cd...
any other music you haven't listened to for over a year or more?
Go deep, deep, deep into your collection!
md

Oct 1, 2002 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 6
I listened to IQ - Subterranea last night, which had been catching dust for over a year...I was bored stiff halfway through the fist disc (*looks at CDP* "what? I'm only at track 5!?")...

damn...you're supposed to go through old discs and then marvel at how good they are...crap...

I think I might go back to UB40 - Live again tonight. one of my favourites from when I was 10, but with all the new music of the last few years, it kinda got neglected (did I spell that right?).

Oct 1, 2002 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 6
cool. here's my list from the cd section of what i have here:

marvin gaye - lets get it on
tricky - blowback
william orbit - pieces in a modern style
propellerheads - decksanddrumsandrockandroll
prodigy - the dirtchamber sessions volume one
gomez - liquid skin
heather nova - oyster
the dandy warhols - come down
elliot smith - figure 8
fiona apple - when the pawn...
frank sinatra boxed set

Oct 1, 2002 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Ah! Kenny Loggins! I hate that man.

I just went through my rather meagre collection and realized there's only one disc I don't listen to regularlly all the way through -- Spacehog's Resident Alien. I even listen to this Bush remix disc a lot. ...

kerelybonto

Oct 3, 2002 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 6
sheesh! I forgot I started this thread....
I wanted to listen to some elvis costello and I had misplaced it on the rack...OH MY!
I found the Best of England Dan and John Ford Coley. Damn I miss those late night drunken shopping sprees at Tower. Now, I'm kinda getting afraid of what else might be lurking there....I just know I got cds in there that I have only listened to once.
Where is that Mystery Box when you need it?
Oh, I also gave the first Crowded House cd some play for the first time in...I don't even want to think about how long.
Glad to know I'm not the only one with cds deep in the archives.
md

Oct 3, 2002 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 6
millerdog,

man i'm glad you started this thread - i had a stressfull as hell day and saw marvin gaye's "lets get it on" by this 'puter... after dropping it into the cd player i'm feeling a hell of a lot better
smily_headphones1.gif

best,
carlo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back