MUSIC or SEX: which would you give up?
Oct 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

VicAjax

Headphoneus Supremus
if you had to sacrifice one of them in order to live, which would it be? would you rather never listen to music again, or resign yourself to a life of celibacy?

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 53
At my age very often I find myself listening to music while the wife is asleep. So I guess I've already answered that question. :)

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMcN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At my age very often I find myself listening to music while the wife is asleep. So I guess I've already answered that question. :)

I laughed at this.

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 53
Heh, yeah I bet marital status would have a lot to do with it. Right now I'm single, so ahem screw music.
regular_smile .gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 53
Young Man: "I can't wait to get married, I'm gonna get laid every night!"

Middle-aged Man: "I can't wait to get divorced, I'm gonna get laid every night!"

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you had to sacrifice one of them in order to live, which would it be? would you rather never listen to music again, or resign yourself to a life of celibacy?

Hmmm ... you can still playing with yourself.
redface.gif

So the real question is life without sex or without girlfriend, which is obviously more than just sex.
icon10.gif

Like being deaf or completely castrated... arg so hard to "choose"...

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 53
It boils down to which activity I spend more time with, in which case music is the clear winner.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 53
Guys over 40 immediately if silently ask themselves the question. It may take them 20 minutes to laugh at the absurdity of it. They may not laugh at all.

'Nother Old Joke: 40-year-old businessman walks through the front door of his McMansion, drops his laptop bag and shrugs off his suit jacket.
(Vacantly, he calls out) Businessman: Honey, I'm home. What's for dinner?
His frustrated 40-year-old lady-luncher wife leaps out from behind their Italian silk-upholstered sofa. Presenting herself, she dramatically whips open the full mink he bought her for their fifth anniversary and reveals herself to be otherwise attired in heels, stockings, lingerie, and pearls.
(Delightedly she proclaims) Housewife: Super-Sex!!!
(Heavy-lidded with mid-life angst, he questions in a monotone) Businessman: What kind of soup?

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #10 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm ... you can still playing with yourself.
redface.gif

So the real question is life without sex or without girlfriend, which is obviously more than just sex.
icon10.gif

how about this.. no more, to quote John Donne, "little deaths." that is, all emissions or contractions of a sexual nature are expressly prohibited.

your blood, however, may still comingle with your beloved's within the belly of a flea.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #11 of 53
Would have to be sex...
Not that it is not important, cause it certainly is. But I am quite sure I can cope without sex easier than without music. Especially since it occupy a much larger share of my time.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #12 of 53
Basic biological drive, or music... I'll take sex over music anytime.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your blood, however, may still comingle with your beloved's within the belly of a flea.

--But in this flea we more than married be! It our marriage bed, and marriage temple is! It's a 50-year mortgage on a three-bedroom bungalow with an adorable but slobbery chocolate lab and an ironclad pre-nup!

I'll take the Kosher chicken soup instead, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back