Music/File confused newbie
Aug 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Vicky

New Head-Fier
Hi

I have just bought an Astell & Kern JR player and am now music file confused. I understand that any music in my iTunes library can be played on the AK JR, but the sound quality will be the same as the file has been compressed. Aside from buying all of my music again from somewhere like Qobuz (I have already bought two of my favourite albums to test and could hear much more detail), what can I do? I do still own some CD's, so would importing these into another library/programme besides iTunes enhance the sound quality? And if so what would you suggest e.g. Winamp etc? I use a mac so understand that could complicate things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Vicky

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 4
ITunes uses compressed lossy files which aren't great. If you rip music from a CD, make sure it doesn't get compressed so you can keep the detail and dynamics. It doesn't matter which program you use to rip them just make sure you rip lossless! Also you can get plenty of hi-res music from various torrent sites for free.

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 4
The sound quality of the files you have is the sound quality you have. You can not increase the sound quality of a file it is what it is period.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 4
The sound quality of the files you have is the sound quality you have. You can not increase the sound quality of a file it is what it is period.
Exactly, you can import it into whatever program you want but it won't increase quality at all. As long as you don't compress your CD rips you'll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back