Music City Mini-Whiskey-Fi Meet - Nashville Area, Saturday June 2, 2018 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #151 of 165
Blantons or bookers???
I’m excited, I’m game
I like Blantons better. Though I had some Breckenridge tonight.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #153 of 165
Hey - a new avatar picture Kevin...you're off center in the picture, so we can't see what your left hand is doing any more ------- :)

It continues my tradition of Jack jamming while smoking some Flag Pond Green :wink:.

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #154 of 165
And the yggdrasil is a great dac for the price, though I want to hear the chord Dave and compare it.

There are some comparisons posted (I believe) on the Yggy impressions thread. The conclusion seemed to be that the Yggy A2 approaches the SQ of the Dave while costing about $5,000 less.

The sunroom should be completed soon, it has taken a while due to a flood downstairs and issues with a staircase.

Oh no! First the sunroom damaged by water and now the basement? Sorry to hear that, Tom - what happened...

It continues my tradition of Jack jamming while smoking some Flag Pond Green :wink:.

As I suspected, my friend.....it helps tame the arthritis :)

Have y'all heard of a Head-fier handle MisterMudd who shows his location as "TN?" I just PMed him asking for details...
I'm sure that me & Annette would be up for a whiskey meet, but we'll be in the Smokies on Oct 20.
The last time I had Blanton's, now months ago, I thought it didn't quite live up to the $60 price tag. It does beat Bookers, IMO.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #155 of 165
Since Dick and Annette are out of town, how about Oct 6 or Nov 3.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #156 of 165
As for downstairs, a water pipe broke in Emma's room while she was here, we moved everything in her room to my office-bedroom and I'm a bit anxious about finishing that room, so I can get my room clutter free again.
Thus fix pipe and wall. Rip out the carpet and I'm putting in a bamboo floor. I'm planning on painting the ceiling today in her room

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #157 of 165
Ouch! Did you file an insurance claim? A bamboo floor will be nice.

Annette prefers Oct 6 over Nov 3. She's from New Orleans and is very warm blooded.
:)

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #158 of 165
I thought about going through insurance, though my quick guess at cost was less than my deductible, and I was planning on removing the carpeting eventually.

Aug 26, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #160 of 165
As for downstairs, a water pipe broke in Emma's room while she was here, we moved everything in her room to my office-bedroom and I'm a bit anxious about finishing that room, so I can get my room clutter free again.
Thus fix pipe and wall. Rip out the carpet and I'm putting in a bamboo floor. I'm planning on painting the ceiling today in her room

Sorry to hea this, your house is absolutely gorgeous, sorry this happened.

Aug 26, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #161 of 165
Ok I’m a newbie so here goes
Cavalli liquid carbon 1st run and v2 are tube amps
Massdrop liquid carbon x is solid state??
No dac in it
Massdrop liquid carbon x SDAC also has a dac in it

Right??!
If so I find it weird to call it the same name and it’s no longer a tube amp

Yet the hybrid does have a tube??

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #162 of 165
I don't know the current Cavalli line. The amp that I liked, I think was the liquid gold. The newer amps are not the same caliber as his full size amps.

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #163 of 165
Oct 6 works for me
What’s a good bourbon that I should bring then...???

Blanton's is fine or Booker's or whatever you got or want to try. We're not picky.
If Brent brings his collection, there will be plenty of good stuff for you to sample :)
I have a partial bottle of the Salinas cachaca and will bring it along...for Tom and others (maybe get some limes, Tom).

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #164 of 165
I agree with Dick, we aren't picky, I love trying new stuff and tasting people's favorites.

There is a total wine in Knoxville now, they have pretty good prices, thus I plan on picking up several bottles of bourbon and scotch and the best cachaca they have before the meet.

Later today I'll make an official meet thread.

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #165 of 165
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back