Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2016 (April 9, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #31 of 348
@urbino
: Hope you can make it, man! I think everybody else did a better job of answering your questions than I could, but if you think of anything else, don't hesitate to ask! In general, we're a friendly bunch-- as long as you aren't around Kevin (Wildcatsare1) and I talking smack about football, of course :p

I should have an answer back tomorrow on my current top choice for venues, and if that doesn't work out, we'll keep on moving down the list! 

Appreciate all the positive comments about the guys at the meet... Honestly, I still get a little surprised when I think about it, but we have never had a personality conflict or skirmish of any kind, really. Impressive that you can bring this many people together and have everyone just kinda jell and nerd out on music and gear together. I love it :wink:

As an aside: my tentative buyer for my house in Knoxville just bailed on me (and is moving out), so I'm going to be limiting my toy purchases for the intermediate future (no, really). Having said that, I picked up a set of UERMs recently, and as I now have this DP-X1 as a part of my daily listening (I actually do a lot more listening on it than I do on my full setup, just due to its portability), I think getting them reshelled is going to be my swansong for a bit. I've been doing some obsessive research (surprising no one who knows me, I'm sure), and I think for a combination of cost, available options, positive feedback/reviews, and apparent ability, I'm currently leaning towards InEarz/Fisher to do the reshell. I was wondering if any of you fellas have had IEMs reshelled in the past, and what experiences you've had, good or bad (and especially if you've dealt with InEarz before!). Lemme know if'n you don't mind! 

Also, @kilkil
 was kind enough to preemptively book the private room at Cool Springs Brewery for our pre-meet dinner and drinks on Friday night (April 8th). Does this work with everybody? Any questions/comments/concerns/whatevers? Lemme know your thoughts-- I'm generally a big fan of eating at breweries, because typically the food and beer is pretty good, so it's good by me. 

That's all for now, fellas. Enjoy your evenings!! Looking forward to seeing everybody again (and some new faces too)!!

I had InEarz reshell my TF10s a few years ago. Great people, excellent work, and just a very professional transaction. Certainly recommended.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #32 of 348
Just pulled the trigger on the Que style qp1r. I've demoed it a few times and I find that I just can't live without it. It's very close to desktop amp performance in a DAP!

Arrgh, if only it had a better (full Android) interface... I ended up going with the DP-X1 figuring it probably lagged behind the Questyle in sound quality (and I assume it does), but it just ticked all my boxes other than that. And it does sound great! It'll be interesting to compare the two and see what I'm missing with the Onkyo. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #33 of 348
I had InEarz reshell my TF10s a few years ago. Great people, excellent work, and just a very professional transaction. Certainly recommended.

This is exactly what I was looking for... Gonna have to shoot these fellas an email! Thanks Joe!! Btw, whadja think of your reshelled TF10? 

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #34 of 348
...and why not string three sequential posts together? Check this out: 

Juuuuuuuust putting this on here because I find it interesting. Absolutely no other reason. 

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #35 of 348

Arrgh, if only it had a better (full Android) interface... I ended up going with the DP-X1 figuring it probably lagged behind the Questyle in sound quality (and I assume it does), but it just ticked all my boxes other than that. And it does sound great! It'll be interesting to compare the two and see what I'm missing with the Onkyo. 

Looks like you will have two to listen two. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #36 of 348
  ...and why not string three sequential posts together? Check this out: 

Juuuuuuuust putting this on here because I find it interesting. Absolutely no other reason. 

evil_smiley.gif

I will be listening to those this weekend. Going to CanJam. I will be taking notes and lots of pics.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #37 of 348
@Theogenes did you get rid of the Ether-C's? You blamed me for you buying them.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #38 of 348

This is exactly what I was looking for... Gonna have to shoot these fellas an email! Thanks Joe!! Btw, whadja think of your reshelled TF10? 

As far as build quality goes, they were built very well. No seams, surface blemishes, or any other kind of issues whatsoever. Mine didn't fit perfectly on the first, second, or third try and rather than telling me that I was SOL, the good people at InEarz were very patient in adjusting things so they'd fit just right!

And as far as the sound goes, they nailed the TF10. Didn't feel like anything was different from the universal version.

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #39 of 348
Any word on if Dan is going to make it?

After his announcement today, dear and fluffy lord I hope so!

My wallet? Not so much!

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #40 of 348
  Any word on if Dan is going to make it?

After his announcement today, dear and fluffy lord I hope so!

My wallet? Not so much!

I'll find out Saturday 
biggrin.gif
 can't wait to hear those puppies. That's the first place I'm heading.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #42 of 348
Mar 15, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #44 of 348
That just threw me as I would never wish any ill will on any of you guys.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #45 of 348
  That just threw me as I would never wish any ill will on any of you guys.

You're a cat. Of course you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back