Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2016 (April 9, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #17 of 348
I think you'll like what you hear.  I owned the SE535 and thought they sound great, until I heard the SE846.  Do you have tips to bring?

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #18 of 348
  I think you'll like what you hear.  I owned the SE535 and thought they sound great, until I heard the SE846.  Do you have tips to bring?

I have tips for my SE535, do they use the same tips? I have some compli, the stock set and some Sony I think.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #19 of 348
  I have tips for my SE535, do they use the same tips? I have some compli, the stock set and some Sony I think.

Yes, same tips.  I have some foam tips too - round and tapered ones - will bring them.

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #20 of 348
Was wondering when you were going to get this going. I'll be there. For gear as of now (going to CanJam so somethings might change) 
Ether-C
Alpha Dogs
HD-700 modded
HE-400S
HE-400
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Teac UD-301
QP1R
Can't wait to see all again.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #22 of 348
Somebody help me out with how these things work.  I've never been to one.  There's still a lot of stuff I've never heard, so I'd like to wander around. If I bring some kit, will I still be able to do that, or will I need to stick near my gear?

(This is assuming my schedule works out.)

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #23 of 348
  Somebody help me out with how these things work.  I've never been to one.  There's still a lot of stuff I've never heard, so I'd like to wander around. If I bring some kit, will I still be able to do that, or will I need to stick near my gear?

Listen to everything. You don't have to stay by your gear. Most people are respectful of other peoples gear. These guys are great people as I have been to two of the Nashville meets. Make time for the meet you will not regret it. Good gear good time with good people.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #24 of 348

I'm really glad someone brought this up. I didn't bring much on my first one, not only for this concern but because all I had was Bifrost and Asgard 2 and my main goal was to listen to the Ether C. I was very impressed with everyone's generosity and willingness to share gear. And wow, what gear! Stuff I'll never be able to afford.

I really hope you can make it.

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #25 of 348
  Listen to everything. You don't have to stay by your gear. Most people are respectful of other peoples gear. These guys are great people as I have been to two of the Nashville meets. Make time for the meet you will not regret it. Good gear good time with good people.

Thanks. That's good to know.

This is a very busy year for me at work. The kind where I need to be highly available. That's the only reason I'm unsure.

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #26 of 348

I'm really glad someone brought this up. I didn't bring much on my first one, not only for this concern but because all I had was Bifrost and Asgard 2 and my main goal was to listen to the Ether C. I was very impressed with everyone's generosity and willingness to share gear. And wow, what gear! Stuff I'll never be able to afford.

I really hope you can make it.

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #27 of 348
  Thanks!

I just brought a pair of headphones to my first meet.  When I saw how accommodating and friendly everybody was I brought 2 amps, a DAC and a headphone to my second meet.  This time I will be bringing 3 amps, a DAC, a streamer and 2 pair of headphones.  It does not really matter what you bring, there will be people there who want to listen!

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #28 of 348
@urbino: Hope you can make it, man! I think everybody else did a better job of answering your questions than I could, but if you think of anything else, don't hesitate to ask! In general, we're a friendly bunch-- as long as you aren't around Kevin (Wildcatsare1) and I talking smack about football, of course :p

I should have an answer back tomorrow on my current top choice for venues, and if that doesn't work out, we'll keep on moving down the list! 

Appreciate all the positive comments about the guys at the meet... Honestly, I still get a little surprised when I think about it, but we have never had a personality conflict or skirmish of any kind, really. Impressive that you can bring this many people together and have everyone just kinda jell and nerd out on music and gear together. I love it :wink:

As an aside: my tentative buyer for my house in Knoxville just bailed on me (and is moving out), so I'm going to be limiting my toy purchases for the intermediate future (no, really). Having said that, I picked up a set of UERMs recently, and as I now have this DP-X1 as a part of my daily listening (I actually do a lot more listening on it than I do on my full setup, just due to its portability), I think getting them reshelled is going to be my swansong for a bit. I've been doing some obsessive research (surprising no one who knows me, I'm sure), and I think for a combination of cost, available options, positive feedback/reviews, and apparent ability, I'm currently leaning towards InEarz/Fisher to do the reshell. I was wondering if any of you fellas have had IEMs reshelled in the past, and what experiences you've had, good or bad (and especially if you've dealt with InEarz before!). Lemme know if'n you don't mind! 

Also, @kilkil was kind enough to preemptively book the private room at Cool Springs Brewery for our pre-meet dinner and drinks on Friday night (April 8th). Does this work with everybody? Any questions/comments/concerns/whatevers? Lemme know your thoughts-- I'm generally a big fan of eating at breweries, because typically the food and beer is pretty good, so it's good by me. 

That's all for now, fellas. Enjoy your evenings!! Looking forward to seeing everybody again (and some new faces too)!!

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #29 of 348
Just pulled the trigger on the Que style qp1r. I've demoed it a few times and I find that I just can't live without it. It's very close to desktop amp performance in a DAP!

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #30 of 348
Just pulled the trigger on the Que style qp1r. I've demoed it a few times and I find that I just can't live without it. It's very close to desktop amp performance in a DAP!

And is so good with the Ether-C's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back