Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2016 (April 9, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #46 of 348
Mar 16, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #47 of 348

You're a cat. Of course you would.

Yeah my wife says the cats look at you trying to figure out how they're going to eat you.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #48 of 348
  haha!

No ill will my friend. Completely tongue in cheek. Well, there is football season...hmmm! :p

No worries.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #51 of 348
I might be there. Our other baby is due any day. Something tells me I'm going to be very busy with two very soon.

I may send my Fiio X3 II, VSONIC GR07 Classics, and HD650s (or at least the X3 and GR07) via @skyline315

Only thing I would bring otherwise would be my desk setup at work with:

Schiit Wyrd
Schiit Modi
O2
HD650
T20RP mk1 (modded)

The Fiio is actually quite excellent and quite amazing little box for what it can do given the price.

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #52 of 348
OK guys, after adding the Kimber power cables to my rig, I am putting it up against the Yggy/Rag rig that Dan had at a previous meet.  Now I know why he uses upscale power cables.  The addition of those cables changed the sound of my rig for the better.  I look forward to showing off the SQ.  Like the last meet, I will have both my HD800 and LCD-X available, or feel free to plug in your own HP's and enjoy!!

All the Best -
Dick

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #53 of 348
  OK guys, after adding the Kimber power cables to my rig, I am putting it up against the Yggy/Rag rig that Dan had at a previous meet.  Now I know why he uses upscale power cables.  The addition of those cables changed the sound of my rig for the better.  I look forward to showing off the SQ.  Like the last meet, I will have both my HD800 and LCD-X available, or feel free to plug in your own HP's and enjoy!!

All the Best -
Dick

Very nice!! Don't be like me and make the mistake of trying the Kimber headphone cable before you look closely at the sticker price. Now I wished I'd never listened to it...ugh. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #54 of 348

Very nice!! Don't be like me and make the mistake of trying the Kimber headphone cable before you look closely at the sticker price. Now I wished I'd never listened to it...ugh. 

Did you like them?

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #55 of 348
  Did you like them?

Unfortunately yes. I tried the kimber kable with the hd800 classic. I'll be completely honest, some of the attraction was the stunning build quality. I'll also admit that it was a nice sonic improvement over stock as well. Be the price is...rather steep. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #56 of 348

Unfortunately yes. I tried the kimber kable with the hd800 classic. I'll be completely honest, some of the attraction was the stunning build quality. I'll also admit that it was a nice sonic improvement over stock as well. Be the price is...rather steep. 

Thanks Matt. I will have to try out cables at CanJam now I hoped I wouldn't have to 
wink.gif
. Too many people say that cables don't make a difference but I for one think they make some difference but at what price? Hope to see you again in April if your coming.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #57 of 348
For sure - the build quality of these power cables is superb - they are like pythons.  The plugs are like military stuff.  The cables are so stout they look funny up against my equipment.  I bought them thru Joe Saxon, who will be at the NV meet.

I was not ready for such a change in the SQ.  So far, I've listened closely only with the HD800.  The SQ is quite different / better.  In particular:  the bass is deeper and the mids are more expanded. The change in the mids makes the music sound different.  I can hear more of the rhythm guitars / backup singers / everything that is midrange.  The percussion is more clear and defined.  These changes means the soundstage is expanded so the songs sound different.  If the piano or voice was the most prevalent before, now maybe not so much; the support musicians are clearer.  I invite you to hear it, with your own music and HP's.

A good example:  last night I played for Annette her favorite song that she's heard 100 times:  Allen Toussaint's Close Up.  A piano-led song by Allen.  Well, Annette immediately said the music sounded better.  The piano was less dominant and she could hear the rhythm guitar and bass more clearly.  If that's not an objective opinion, I don't know what is :).

Looking forward to the Meet,
Go Preds!
Dick

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #58 of 348
^^ Just went and stream some of the Toussaint recordings. Really liked it and bought The Bright Mississippi album. Thanks for the heads up!!

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #59 of 348
  ^^ Just went and stream some of the Toussaint recordings. Really liked it and bought The Bright Mississippi album. Thanks for the heads up!!

Oh for sure!!  That album is great.  Most of his music is pop, he only really did two that were NO jazz.  The other is Going Places.  It's not easy to find...

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #60 of 348
Nothing really changed in my system, so the same as last time.

Kilkil

Headphones
Audio Technica W5000 with Brainwavz pads
AKG K550
AKG K501
AKG K7XX
AKG K701 (*)

Amplifiers
Dynahi (DIY designed by Kevin Gilmore)
Millett Hybrid, oversized PS (DIY designed by Pete Millett) (*)

Sources
NAD M51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back