Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18, 2015)
Feb 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #16 of 513
  "no girls there"??
blink.gif

Offline discussion forthcoming......

Kidding!! Just kidding!! (*Backpedals furiously*)

Theo, add me and my gear:

Modi 2 Uber
Vali
HE-400i
DT1350

Done!

I'll have to double check. It's not our wedding, but maybe some sort of shower or party???

Anyway, I'll do my very best to make it so you people can play with my toys
smily_headphones1.gif

Just FYI, they'd include:

HE500 with grill and Fuzzor mods
RS1i
SennGrado V2

ALO Pan Am
DacMagic 100

Probably a few other goodies as well...

C'mon, is the wedding really that important?? :p

Hope you can make it, man!! And no, not just because you have some killer headphones either :wink:.

@harlw: Just saw that you added that link to your post. You have some sharp-looking stuff there, very clean and modern! Obviously, if you have suggestions or ideas, I am fully receptive to 'em!

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #17 of 513
Good news, gents!! After making another schlepp to Nashville today and checking out a few more locations, I finally found one that is (A) large enough, (B) has a reasonable number of power outlets, (C) isn't astronomically overpriced, and (D) doesn't appear to the type of place one would catch hepatitis. Plus, we should have an answer by later tomorrow evening on our moonshot location my sister is trying to help us get... Somehow doubt the guy is going to be able to get down to our price range, but even if he can't, I think we finally have a viable back up option at our disposal! (It's a little further out that I would've liked, but it's not Murfreesboro or anything, which I also looked at).

Woot!! Can't wait to get this silly logistical stuff behind us and get the to fun logistical stuff-- like what wicked gear is gonna be here when, and how do we get it all up to Nashville?
wink_face.gif

Also, somehow my browser windows keep ending up on pages related to Stax stuff... Probably oughtta get a computer tech in here to fix that.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #18 of 513
I am going to do my best to make it, but I won't be able to stay past about 1, so just there for the morning. Wedding here too :frowning2: Weddings are the worst.

Grado PS500
Grado SR80i
WA6
Fiio E10

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #19 of 513
  I am going to do my best to make it, but I won't be able to stay past about 1, so just there for the morning. Wedding here too :frowning2: Weddings are the worst.

Grado PS500
Grado SR80i
WA6
Fiio E10

Hey man, just glad to hear you're gonna try to make it!! And as a militant bachelor, I agree
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 513

Grado PS500
Grado SR80i
WA6
Fiio E10

Ah, the SR80i.  My entry drug into this hobby.  I wouldn't mind hearing them again...

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #22 of 513
  They're pretty ragged, been used a lot, with love of course. My first as well. The first of everyone in my family, really. I do hope someone brings the new e series, it is supposed to be very good.

There were a couple of e-series Grados at the last meet, so I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more find there way to this one as well. Jay really likes the e-series, but Oteil and I prefer the older versions (at least on the GS1k, anyway). Also, I will be talking with a couple of Grado vendors when I get that part of the meet cranked up, and hopefully at least one of them will be willing to come hang out with us-- and bring some Grado goodness with 'em! :)

If you like Grados, be sure to check out the Beyerdynamics if you haven't heard them already. That's another company that appreciates that treble isn't a bad word and can be done in a highly addictive manner. IMO, of course.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #23 of 513
If you remind me I may come out. I will bring the bestest stuff ever, if I make it.

I will probably run things off a cellphone running Tidal, and you will love it.

**BRENT**

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #24 of 513
  If you remind me I may come out. I will bring the bestest stuff ever, if I make it.

I will probably run things off a cellphone running Tidal, and you will love it.

**BRENT**

BRENT!! Were your ears burning? I was just talkin' about ya!!

Heck yeah man, I'd love if you could make it!! Btw, you think Tidal is the apocalypse of awesomeness that people are making it out to be, or just another streaming service? I've been pretty happy with Spotify, but as always, I'm curious about what else is out there...

Btw, you want me to hit you up here or at ER when it's time to remind you?

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #25 of 513
Also, quick update: we're waiting to hear back on a couple of potential venues that are still out there, but I've got one lined up in the event those fall through. I'm working Saturday, off Sunday, and should (!) have everything finalized on Monday. Somebody shake some chicken bones for good luck or something.

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #26 of 513
Not ultimately that pertinent to the actual subject matter of this thread, but I thought I'd let you guys know I got the job in Hendersonville, so I'll be coming to Nashville full time soon!! Don't know my start date yet (people are negotiating release dates, etc), but hey, maybe this fun little event of ours can stretch its legs a little and get ready to have a steadier future :wink:.

The only potential downside? I might have to actually make good on all those beers I promised some of  you fellas...
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #27 of 513
  Not ultimately that pertinent to the actual subject matter of this thread, but I thought I'd let you guys know I got the job in Hendersonville, so I'll be coming to Nashville full time soon!! Don't know my start date yet (people are negotiating release dates, etc), but hey, maybe this fun little event of ours can stretch its legs a little and get ready to have a steadier future :wink:.

The only potential downside? I might have to actually make good on all those beers I promised some of  you fellas...
wink.gif

Nice!

We're definitely hanging out sometime.  
beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #28 of 513
Feb 6, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #29 of 513
You can start by bringing a keg to the meet or something. Whoooo!!!!!

On an even more unrelated note, how is the brew scene in Nashville? The greatest city I ever went to was Austin, in terms of beer at least (in the states), but Nashville really is like a mini-Austin with more country music. They have any good local microbrews?

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #30 of 513
  You can start by bringing a keg to the meet or something. Whoooo!!!!!

On an even more unrelated note, how is the brew scene in Nashville? The greatest city I ever went to was Austin, in terms of beer at least (in the states), but Nashville really is like a mini-Austin with more country music. They have any good local microbrews?

Yazoo is the local hero.  They make good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back