Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 -- NEW THREAD!!
Apr 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

Theogenes

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys!! This is a new thread to replace the old one (here) with the updated information on the upcoming Music City Meet in Nashville!!

Event Details
  1. Location: Best Western Franklin Inn (Conference Room)
  2. Address: 1308 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin, TN 37064
  3. Date: May 10th, 2014
  4. Times: 10am - 8pm
  5. Note: the Best Western is very meh-looking from the exterior, but the conference room they have is several times larger (and a good deal nicer) than some of the other ones I looked at, and the price is very reasonable, so I think it will serve our purposes just fine!

Conference Room Pics: (I'm a cruddy photographer on a cellphone, so excuse the quality): 

Current Attendees and Gear
(Note: please let me know if there are any changes to this list, and I'll get it updated!)
skyline315:
     HRT MSII
     Schiit Asgard 1
     Beyerdynamic DT880 - 250 ohm
     Beyerdynamic DT1350
Theogenes:
     Lynx Hilo
     Audio-gd Master 8
     First Watt F5 (Rawson clone)
     Hifiman HE-6 (Audeze vegan pads)
     Beyerdynamic T5p (DoubleHelix modded to balanced operation)
kclarksville:
     Antique Sould Lab Mg Head DT 
     Little Dot Mk3 
     Grado SR80i
jaywillin:
     MAD Ear+ HD
     Wadia 121
     Audeze LCD-X
     Grado GS1000i
     Grado RS1i
     Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs
bigweasleyfan:
     Fostex T10
Oteil:
     K.I.C.A.S. Caliente amp
     Glow Audio Amp One
     Denon 2000,5000 & 7000
     Grado GS1000 (Original)
     Grado RS1 Buttonless
     Grado HF-2
     Grado SR-80i
     Audio Technica ATH-ESW9
     Pure Digital Dock
     Bel Canto DAC2

JoeDoe:
     Grado RS1i
     Grado Cocobolo SR80i
     LIttle Dot LD1+ with several tubes/opamps
     iBasso DX50
     HiFiMan HE400
Postal_Blue:
     Sennheiser HD580
     Beyerdynamic DT990
     Denon D5000
     Grub => CKIII
     SOHA II
     Porta Corda III (diy kit version)
     Carrie/Grub USB System
Frank Berryman (ultrahighendreview.com)
Porteroso:

Grado PS500
     Grado SR80i
     Fiio E10
     Woo Audio WA6
Zach Mehrbach (ZMF Headphones):
     ZMF
     ZMF x Vibro
     Note: Zach will not be physically in attendance, but he's sending us his headphones to check out anyway!!

finao1
     Beyerdynamic T70p
     Beyerdynamic T51p
     Sennheiser Momentums
     Schitt Valhalla (in cool black trim) 
     Schitt Vali
     Schitt Modi
     ALO International

Food Situation
There will not be full-on food at the meet, but I'm going to pick up a few snacks to gnosh upon when the blood sugar levels start dipping. If anyone has anything they'd like to bring, feel free! The hotel itself is about 5 minutes from Cool Springs, and there are a million good places to eat there, so if/when the hangry bug starts to nibble at you, you can hop down the road and get pretty much anything you'd like. There's also a Shoney's next door, if you're into that sort of thing. Alternately, there were plenty of squirrels around the premises for anyone with a high energy level and low culinary expectations. 

Additional Festivities
I am going to come down the night before (probably won't arrive before 7-8pm unless I can finagle something at work), and I'm down for dinner with whomever would like to come out! Also, I have a feeling the meeting will wrap up at precisely beer thirty, so if anyone wants to run out after the meet and grab a quick bite and some brews, I'm down. Lemme know!

What We Need
  1. Extension cables and power strips: There are only 9 outlets, and they're on the outside walls of a pretty large room, so bring any spares you can!
  2. Camera man: As you can see from the room pics I posted above, Ansel Adams I ain't. So if anybody would like to bring a camera and get snap-happy, please do so! Also, I'd like to compile those and any other pics (cellphones, etc) after the meet for sharing with everyone. This is, with any luck, the first in a long series of awesome Nashville meets, so it would be great to properly document it!
  3. Proselytizing Loudmouths: Due to the rather expeditious nature of the current incarnation of this event, there are probably a lot of people who would like to attend, but either don't think it's happening now, or never knew it was happening in the first place! So we need to get out there and SPREAD THE GOOD WORD! I'm going to post a link to this thread in a few related threads around here to try to let people know it's happening, and I'm going to be sending out some mass PMs shortly as well (apologies in advance if I blow you up in the next few minutes), and I'll also have an updated link to the event in my signature line, which you can feel free to copy and share or add to your sig line too. The most critical element for a successful meet is the people that show up!

I'm Interested! What do I do?
Anyone is welcome to swing by and spend as little or as long as they'd like! If you plan on bringing some gear to share, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know so I can update the gear list. Also, if you are definitely coming but don't plan on bringing anything, still chime in on the thread-- you don't have to bring gear to be welcome! Even if you have no audio gear to bring, if you want to bring a couple of extension cords or power strips, or maybe some snacks, they would be appreciated, but not at all required. And last, but certainly not least-- help us SPREAD THE WORD and let people know about the event!!

Guys, I'm VERY excited about this, and cannot wait to get a chance to actually put faces with Head-Fi handles while listening to world-class gear!! I'll see you in Nashville on May 10th!!!

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 59
my gs1000i, is no longer an "i"
i do a lot of gear moving, and i sold the gs"i" but then i missed it, so i bought another, it should be here in time, its coming from "down under" so, we'll see
anyway, i see that there is another older non "i" gs1000 , now i REALLY wished i hadn't sold it, would have been cool to compare

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 59
  my gs1000i, is no longer an "i"
i do a lot of gear moving, and i sold the gs"i" but then i missed it, so i bought another, it should be here in time, its coming from "down under" so, we'll see
anyway, i see that there is another older non "i" gs1000 , now i REALLY wished i hadn't sold it, would have been cool to compare

Lol!! You crack me up, man... I bet you've owned half the headphones on Head-Fi at one time or another. Color me jealous :p.

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 59

Lol!! You crack me up, man... I bet you've owned half the headphones on Head-Fi at one time or another. Color me jealous :p.

and i've owned them more than once !  
blink.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 59
and i've owned them more than once !  
blink.gif

Ha!! That means we stand a shot of having you show up on the 10th with a flippin' Orpheus or something... A man can dream, can't he? 

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 59

Ha!! That means we stand a shot of having you show up on the 10th with a flippin' Orpheus or something... A man can dream, can't he? 

if i sell a kidney !

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 59
Apr 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 59
Let me talk to the wife about the possibility of dinner the night before.

I'd definitely be down if I can get permission from the boss...

As for the meet itself, I'll probably be there on the early side of that time frame.

I'll bring my camera, but I don't have the right gear for great indoor shots...I'll do what I can, but if someone else has nice gear with a reasonable flash, then by all means bring it!

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 59
Awesome, man!! Tell the wifey that we asked really nicely and made really cute Bambi eyes while we did it... That should work like gangbusters! 

May 2, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 59
A week from now, I'll be heading towards Nashville to have good food and great conversation with some fellow Head-Fi'ers... Personally, I can't wait!! 

Any ideas on where you guys would like to meet 'n eat? I'd like something good but not exorbitantly expensive (I love Ruth's Chris as much as anybody, but... I might wanna buy sumthin. 
tongue.gif
) Also, I'd like to do something that isn't a huge national chain, but I'm open to suggestions. 

A few off-the-cuff thoughts: 

Edley's
Monell's (only open to 8:30, and I don't think they serve beer, but unspeakably delicious)
Broadway Brewhouse
Somewhere else? 

Also, I'm leaning towards attending the A-VCOA event on Sunday... Anybody else thinking about heading down? 

May 2, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 59
i can't do dinner froday,i'll be there saturday though

May 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #12 of 59
  i can't do dinner froday,i'll be there saturday though

Sounds like we'll have to save one for ya... I think we can do that :wink:. You think you're gonna be able to grab a bite after the meet, or you have to jet back to the homefront right after? 

Also, I spent over an hour talking to Ben (finao1) on the phone this evening, and in addition to being a stellar guy to talk to, he's going to be making the trip up too!! I've updated the first post with his info, and put his gear list below, but it sounds like we'll get at least as much out of just having him there... Good peeps make good meets, and I think we've got a great one shaping up!!

finao1
     Beyerdynamic T70p
     Beyerdynamic T51p
     Sennheiser Momentums
     Schitt Vali
     Schitt Modi
     ALO International

May 3, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #13 of 59

Sounds like we'll have to save one for ya... I think we can do that :wink:. You think you're gonna be able to grab a bite after the meet, or you have to jet back to the homefront right after? 

Also, I spent over an hour talking to Ben (finao1) on the phone this evening, and in addition to being a stellar guy to talk to, he's going to be making the trip up too!! I've updated the first post with his info, and put his gear list below, but it sounds like we'll get at least as much out of just having him there... Good peeps make good meets, and I think we've got a great one shaping up!!

finao1
     Beyerdynamic T70p
     Beyerdynamic T51p
     Sennheiser Momentums
     Schitt Vali
     Schitt Modi
     ALO International

i'll be having to jet back pretty quick, looking forward to the beyers, and i've had almost all of the schiit pieces BUT the vahalla, cool !

May 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #14 of 59
  A week from now, I'll be heading towards Nashville to have good food and great conversation with some fellow Head-Fi'ers... Personally, I can't wait!! 

Any ideas on where you guys would like to meet 'n eat? I'd like something good but not exorbitantly expensive (I love Ruth's Chris as much as anybody, but... I might wanna buy sumthin. 
tongue.gif
) Also, I'd like to do something that isn't a huge national chain, but I'm open to suggestions. 

A few off-the-cuff thoughts: 

Edley's
Monell's (only open to 8:30, and I don't think they serve beer, but unspeakably delicious)
Broadway Brewhouse
Somewhere else? 

Also, I'm leaning towards attending the A-VCOA event on Sunday... Anybody else thinking about heading down? 

I've got a million dinner suggestions...just give me a "genre" of food and I'll spit out a list :p

I think I'll be able to make it Friday night.

Really excited to hear all of that beyer stuff, by the way...

Theo, is your HE6 making the trip?

May 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #15 of 59

I've got a million dinner suggestions...just give me a "genre" of food and I'll spit out a list :p

I think I'll be able to make it Friday night.

Really excited to hear all of that beyer stuff, by the way...

Theo, is your HE6 making the trip?

i hope so, i really want to here the he-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back