Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 -- NEW THREAD!!
May 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #47 of 59
Did he ever! 

This was my first meet, and I was totally blown away. I never would have had access to some of the gear I was able to experience if it wasn't for you guys.

Shout outs to @Theogenes @Oteil @zach915m @jaywillin and @finao1

I drove up from Birmingham (3 hours) and after the meet, would have no problem making it 5 in the future. The venue was great, people were great, gear was top notch, and there were even snacks! Would it have been nice to have had a few more folks show up, sure, but the fact that it was less crowded meant that I could spend a half hour with Theo's HE-6 or Oteil's D7000. Just some great gear and great guys to learn from as well. 

Already looking forward to doing this again in a few months!

May 11, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #48 of 59
  Did he ever! 

This was my first meet, and I was totally blown away. I never would have had access to some of the gear I was able to experience if it wasn't for you guys.

Shout outs to @Theogenes @Oteil @zach915m @jaywillin and @finao1

I drove up from Birmingham (3 hours) and after the meet, would have no problem making it 5 in the future. The venue was great, people were great, gear was top notch, and there were even snacks! Would it have been nice to have had a few more folks show up, sure, but the fact that it was less crowded meant that I could spend a half hour with Theo's HE-6 or Oteil's D7000. Just some great gear and great guys to learn from as well. 

Already looking forward to doing this again in a few months!

i'm with you on this one, i don't want to wait a year !! lol

May 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #49 of 59
Thanks guys!! I really couldn't have asked for a better meet-- you guys were all great, the gear and music was fantastic, and I really feel like everything came together in a way that was kind of unique, at least based on my (limited) experiences. Can't WAIT to do it again!!!

I went ahead and set up an Impressions thread here (http://www.head-fi.org/t/718363/music-city-meet-nashville-2014-pictures-and-impressions-thread), so if you guys want to put down your thoughts about some of the gear you heard, post some pictures (but not all of them, Joe, so don't worry too much... Ha!) feel free to throw anything that falls out of your head or camera over there :wink:. Also, if you have pictures, I'd appreciate it if you'd email them to me (PM me for my address if you don't already have it). I think I'll throw everthing into one Dropbox folder, share it with you guys, then post some of 'em over in the impressions thread.

I'm about to go have brunch with the fam, but I'll be back at home later this evening, and I'll try to get the pics out to y'all then.

Man, let's do it again TOMORROW!! Lol!!

May 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #50 of 59
A big shout out to Theogenes!! It was my first meet and I had a great time! Thanks for all your hard work. Everyone was great and I had a blast trying out gear that I would never have been able to have had access to, it was awesome. I'm down with another meet in the near future as well. Great meeting all you!!! Let's do it again real soon:)

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #51 of 59
If someone would, PM me for the next meet. I was caught up in a slightly unexpected move, you know how that is. The buyer often dictates when you relocate :) I am very up for meeting in Nashville though, and wish I could have been there. Most Saturdays are good for me, just a 3 hour drive. It sounds like you guys had a good time.

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #52 of 59
  If someone would, PM me for the next meet. I was caught up in a slightly unexpected move, you know how that is. The buyer often dictates when you relocate :) I am very up for meeting in Nashville though, and wish I could have been there. Most Saturdays are good for me, just a 3 hour drive. It sounds like you guys had a good time.

great time, i believe we are shooing for september

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #53 of 59

Will do, man. I actually made a list of everyone who posted in the original meet thread, and when we get the next one scheduled, I'll shoot out a message to let you know! It was  pretty great time, actually, and we'd love to have you at the next one! 

As an open question to everyone: the elephant in the room for September scheduling is football, so I'm thinking about September 20th as a date (UT is off that week, although I'm sure this won't suit everybody). How does that look for everyone? 

Another option would be to hold it on Sunday, which is fine by me... As long as nobody minds if I'm incomprehensibly hoarse from the games the day before :wink:

Lemme know, fellas!

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #54 of 59
I'm in...I don't watch football so it makes no difference to me
biggrin.gif
Looking forward to it.

Jun 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #55 of 59
Will do, man. I actually made a list of everyone who posted in the original meet thread, and when we get the next one scheduled, I'll shoot out a message to let you know! It was  pretty great time, actually, and we'd love to have you at the next one! 

As an open question to everyone: the elephant in the room for September scheduling is football, so I'm thinking about September 20th as a date (UT is off that week, although I'm sure this won't suit everybody). How does that look for everyone? 

Another option would be to hold it on Sunday, which is fine by me... As long as nobody minds if I'm incomprehensibly hoarse from the games the day before :wink:

Lemme know, fellas!

Both those options are feasible for me. Since I don't play in band anymore my weekends are much more flexible. Plus if we go on Sunday, I too will be pretty hoarse...

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #56 of 59
Yeah, there's going to be no pleasing everyone during football season in the SEC, but I'm trying to accomodate what I can... Although I do have a Slingbox with an HD feed to my tablet for game accessiblity whenever we end up there :p

Checking on a possible scheduling conflict at work (working in telecommunications with iFruit companies trying to be ultra Cold War on their release dates utterly sucks, actually), but I should know in the next week (-ish) if the 20th will work. If so (barring any great points from you guys) I'll probably go ahead and schedule it.

I really liked the size of the room, so I planned on booking the same place. Anybody else have any other thoughts or concerns? (This is a legit question; if anyone has thoughts I would really like to hear them-- I'm still very new at this and want to make it awesome :cool:).

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #57 of 59
Yeah, there's going to be no pleasing everyone during football season in the SEC, but I'm trying to accomodate what I can... Although I do have a Slingbox with an HD feed to my tablet for game accessiblity whenever we end up there
tongue.gif

Checking on a possible scheduling conflict at work (working in telecommunications with iFruit companies trying to be ultra Cold War on their release dates utterly sucks, actually), but I should know in the next week (-ish) if the 20th will work. If so (barring any great points from you guys) I'll probably go ahead and schedule it.

I really liked the size of the room, so I planned on booking the same place. Anybody else have any other thoughts or concerns? (This is a legit question; if anyone has thoughts I would really like to hear them-- I'm still very new at this and want to make it awesome
cool.gif
).

the place was great, nice size, clean, easy to get to even with all the lanes issues, and traffic, no biggie really, hell, only an hour and a half for me
saturday is fine with me, i'm an gaTECH , and ACC fan, they don't show them too much round these parts !

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #58 of 59
the place was great, nice size, clean, easy to get to even with all the lanes issues, and traffic, no biggie really, hell, only an hour and a half for me
saturday is fine with me, i'm an gaTECH , and ACC fan, they don't show them too much round these parts !

Lol!! Duly noted, Jay, thank you!! I've gotta say, I'm really curious what you'll show up with... You have the most fantastically elastic gear list on HF, I'm pretty sure. I know I live vicariously through you on the Grado Fan thread, anyway :p

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #59 of 59
Lol!! Duly noted, Jay, thank you!! I've gotta say, I'm really curious what you'll show up with... You have the most fantastically elastic gear list on HF, I'm pretty sure. I know I live vicariously through you on the Grado Fan thread, anyway
tongue.gif

the object of moving what i am moving, is clearing the way for one headphone maybe, the ps1k, or there might be a trick or two up my sleeve, if its not the ps1k, i don't have a clue yet either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back