Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Feb 1, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #813 of 1,173
Is there a setting in UAPP, like in Poweramp, where tracks will resume from the last played spot?

UAPP does this as long as it is still in memory. But if closed down completely, it restarts from the beginning of the track. I agree it would be great if it could save that position. And I agree that's worth asking in the UAPP thread.

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #814 of 1,173
Seems my Westone W30 headphones just blew, the sound has gone, everything is flat... Have a feeling putting them into a higher impedance mode by unplugging one ear piece has blown it on the V30.
Will test with another cable tonight but not looking good.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #815 of 1,173
Seems my Westone W30 headphones just blew, the sound has gone, everything is flat... Have a feeling putting them into a higher impedance mode by unplugging one ear piece has blown it on the V30.
Will test with another cable tonight but not looking good.

Shoot, sorry to hear that :slight_frown:

It's hard to see how Aux mode instead of Normal mode could blow them -- I would think your ears would blow before the IEMs. Unless volume was very high when they were plugged in and music was playing; or if the port was loose, causing static.

I don't normally recommend tricking the DAC mode unless needed to achieve a higher volume -- hard-to-drive planars being the typical case. With 3 BAs, no DDs, and a sensitivity of 107 dB, I wouldn't expect W30 to need Aux or HIM. But I haven't listened to them myself.

Good luck. I hope it turns out to be the cable after all.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #816 of 1,173
Shoot, sorry to hear that :slight_frown:

It's hard to see how Aux mode instead of Normal mode could blow them -- I would think your ears would blow before the IEMs. Unless volume was very high when they were plugged in and music was playing; or if the port was loose, causing static.

I don't normally recommend tricking the DAC mode unless needed to achieve a higher volume -- hard-to-drive planars being the typical case. With 3 BAs, no DDs, and a sensitivity of 107 dB, I wouldn't expect W30 to need Aux or HIM. But I haven't listened to them myself.

Good luck. I hope it turns out to be the cable after all.
The volume wasn't too high & it actually happened about 10 minutes after music had started playing... Nothing changed at the time of the sound disappearing (it was as if I had partially unplugged the cable from the jack). Seems the issue is with the left ear piece, which is the one I had been disconnecting & reconnecting.

In any case, the shop I purchased them from will be process a warranty return & issue me store credit for the amount I paid, so will get something else.

Any suggestions around the $300 Australian mark?

Feb 5, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #817 of 1,173
The volume wasn't too high & it actually happened about 10 minutes after music had started playing... Nothing changed at the time of the sound disappearing (it was as if I had partially unplugged the cable from the jack). Seems the issue is with the left ear piece, which is the one I had been disconnecting & reconnecting.

In any case, the shop I purchased them from will be process a warranty return & issue me store credit for the amount I paid, so will get something else.

Any suggestions around the $300 Australian mark?
I would suggest this but you won’t be able to purchase it with store credit... Do they stock Final Audio?

Feb 5, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #818 of 1,173
Update - switched out the cable & BOOM, they work again. I've emailed Addicted to Audio checking if they'll replace the cable as I like it.... Not the mobile controls cable, the other.

Mar 23, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #821 of 1,173
Not that I know of. Not without rooting your device.

But maybe somebody else has an update I'm not aware of. Any V60 owners out there - is there still no way of manually setting the gain mode?

Nope...I doubt it. I'm sure LG still thinks we are dumb enough to put high gain on low impedance headphones...no doubt it's a lawsuit protection.

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #823 of 1,173
About LG V30. Does the volume control with wired headphones change with the update from Android 8 to Android 9? For example, even finer volume steps?

And what about audio playback via bluetooth with wireless headphones in Android 9? Nothing changes there and it remains at the 15 volume levels?

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #824 of 1,173
About LG V30. Does the volume control with wired headphones change with the update from Android 8 to Android 9? For example, even finer volume steps?

And what about audio playback via bluetooth with wireless headphones in Android 9? Nothing changes there and it remains at the 15 volume levels?
No changes so far.
With Hifi-dac it stays at 75 steps wired and 15 steps on bluetooth.

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #825 of 1,173
So the accessory arrived today and i have been able to do a quick testing of it.as i previously described by mistake) and I'm able to pause/play tracks using the remote. Two quick clicks does a skip forward track and with more difficulty three clicks skips back.

8/12/18 *EDIT - I purchased the LG HiFi Status app to confirm my suspicions that this extension cord is in fact putting the DAC into 50ohm High Impedance mode. This might be what some want and not others.

The negative - poor build quality.
The volume control buttons don't work and this might be to do with it being Apple hardware accessory. The button press itself is pretty terrible and feels squishy rather than a nice solid click. For this reason you have to take care to properly press down the button all the way. Double and more so triple click can be trickey to achieve.

Even though its not perfect, its positives still outweigh the negatives for me.
I really appreciate being able to Play/Pause the music from a physical button. Forward skip is fairly easy to perform .The screen can even remain in sleep mode and i can still use the physical button to pause/play music. I will probably get a backup of this as i don't its made any longer. If you come across a better offering please let me know .

IMG_20181206_155748_269~4.jpg

I know its been a while since you made the above post, but if you are still looking for a BT remote that works with the V30, I have been using this for a while now, and it works well, and is suitably small and light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back