Music App
May 6, 2021 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gleanfont

100+ Head-Fier
Hello there! What is the best music app that you are using? I feel my headset is being underused that's why I'm looking for a great music app. I tried Spotify and YouTube Music and I usually play LOFI music. What do you usually use? Hope you can help me. Thanks!

May 9, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 9
Speaking from a purely personal perspective and how I access music, my two most-used apps are iTunes/Music on my Macs and iPhone and MusicStreamer on my iPhone. I don't subscribe to Spotify, Deezer, Tidal etc but prefer to own my music. I've set up a computer to stream music over wifi at home and access it using the apps I mentioned. It works well enough for me. I should say that the reason I use MusicStreamer instead of the Music app to access the shared iTunes library on the media server is that Apple has totally crippled the Music app's functionality. It takes for-effing-ever to load the library on the phone. With MusicStreamer it's instantly there.

Just my two proverbial cents.
Philip

May 13, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 9
For my local audio files in Linux, I use KDE Elisa. 4g 5g streaming is too expensive where I live.
This is my first time to hear about it. Is this a paid app? Can you add radio stations too?

Speaking from a purely personal perspective and how I access music, my two most-used apps are iTunes/Music on my Macs and iPhone and MusicStreamer on my iPhone. I don't subscribe to Spotify, Deezer, Tidal etc but prefer to own my music. I've set up a computer to stream music over wifi at home and access it using the apps I mentioned. It works well enough for me. I should say that the reason I use MusicStreamer instead of the Music app to access the shared iTunes library on the media server is that Apple has totally crippled the Music app's functionality. It takes for-effing-ever to load the library on the phone. With MusicStreamer it's instantly there.

Just my two proverbial cents.
Philip

I'll definitely give this a try now and let you know my experience too. Thanks dude.

May 13, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 9
This is my first time to hear about it. Is this a paid app? Can you add radio stations too?

I'll definitely give this a try now and let you know my experience too. Thanks dude.
Elisa is free app for Linux KDE desktop and yes, there is radio option, but last time I used radio, it wasn't great.

May 28, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 9
Is this for Linux only or there is a way to make it available for Windows? A friend of mine told me that the interface is probably what I will like the most about Elisa.
It's only for Linux, but yeah, the interface is better of any free music app for Windows, there is animated album art and nice blurred background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back