Muse Absolution Tour DVD
Mar 12, 2007 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Demetrio

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 1, 2002
Posts
257
Likes
0
Absolution%20tour%20dvd-cvr-1702.jpeg


Has anyone seen this? Impressions?
 
Mar 12, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 8

bong

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Posts
1,821
Likes
10
wasn't it included with the initial release of Black Holes and Revelations? there was a live DVD from Glastonbury with a few extras from the Absolution tour. i'll post the tracklist tonight when i get home.
 
Mar 13, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 8

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
2,194
Likes
11
I've had the European release of that DVD for a year. Great performance, but SQ isn't so good. 2 channel only. Hullabulloo is the Muse DVD for the ages. These guys are great live, but I wish they weren't buying into the whole "louder is better" routine. BH&R clips and the last time I saw them in concert, they had them up way too loud. Their performance at the Wiltern 2 years ago was one of my all time favorite concerts and set at a perfect volume.
 
Mar 13, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 8

infinitesymphony

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 15, 2006
Posts
4,621
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These guys are great live, but I wish they weren't buying into the whole "louder is better" routine. BH&R clips and the last time I saw them in concert, they had them up way too loud.


YES. Geez, these guys were loud. I saw them during their MTV campus tour in my campus's main auditorium. It's not a particularly big space, but they were cranking out dBs like it was an arena tour. It sounded like the whole concert was being hard-limited to a static volume. For example, when the whole band dropped out for one of Bellamy's piano solos, the piano suddenly became as cranked as the whole band had been, and extremely distorted to boot (though some of this was probably my own aural/head distortion).

Yikes.

That concert sort of solidified how much more I appreciate Radiohead.
icon10.gif
Perhaps it was the MTV crew's fault, but I've heard reports that Muse play loud almost everywhere. Radiohead are pretty well-known for never crossing above the low-to-mid 90 dBs.
 
Mar 13, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 8

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
2,194
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES. Geez, these guys were loud. I saw them during their MTV campus tour in my campus's main auditorium. It's not a particularly big space, but they were cranking out dBs like it was an arena tour. It sounded like the whole concert was being hard-limited to a static volume. For example, when the whole band dropped out for one of Bellamy's piano solos, the piano suddenly became as cranked as the whole band had been, and extremely distorted to boot (though some of this was probably my own aural/head distortion).

Yikes.

That concert sort of solidified how much more I appreciate Radiohead.
icon10.gif
Perhaps it was the MTV crew's fault, but I've heard reports that Muse play loud almost everywhere. Radiohead are pretty well-known for never crossing above the low-to-mid 90 dBs.




They didn't play that loud 2 years ago. Somewhere in between Absoultion and BH&R, someone convinced them they needed to play much louder. They did play at a good level at the Olympia this past year, but their level at shoreline was off the charts. As for Radiohead... I'd appreciate their playing level if their music didn't put me to sleep. I have all of their CDs, but just find their music to be a bit anemic. I bought their live DVD but it made me want to throw something at Yorke. I couldn't risk an impulse causing me to destroy my 65" plasma.
 
Mar 14, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #6 of 8

infinitesymphony

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 15, 2006
Posts
4,621
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They didn't play that loud 2 years ago. Somewhere in between Absoultion and BH&R, someone convinced them they needed to play much louder. They did play at a good level at the Olympia this past year, but their level at shoreline was off the charts. As for Radiohead... I'd appreciate their playing level if their music didn't put me to sleep. I have all of their CDs, but just find their music to be a bit anemic. I bought their live DVD but it made me want to throw something at Yorke. I couldn't risk an impulse causing me to destroy my 65" plasma.


Hahah, yes, they're very different bands for sure, and I like them both for different reasons. What's important is that you at least gave them a shot (or a bunch of shots), so you know that they're not for you.

Radiohead's live DVD? D'you mean the Astoria set from way early in their career?
 
Mar 14, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 8

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
2,194
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahah, yes, they're very different bands for sure, and I like them both for different reasons. What's important is that you at least gave them a shot (or a bunch of shots), so you know that they're not for you.

Radiohead's live DVD? D'you mean the Astoria set from way early in their career?



Yes. Something about Yorke just grates on me when I watch him perform.

I actually enjoy listening to Radiohead at times. I just couldn't take the DVD.
 
Mar 14, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 8

AgentVX

Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Posts
53
Likes
0
Heh yeah, I saw Muse here several weeks ago. They cranked the speakers up so loud, sound quality went to s***, we were feeling the drum beats more than hearing them. Had tinnitus in my left ear for 2 days after that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top