Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Feb 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #47 of 283

Quote:
Just Audio uHA-120 added to the first post.

Good stuff, and your impressions are very close to mine in my 2011 review of the 120. I believe Justin addressed the channel imbalance/loudness issues with the second revision of the amp - ironically, the extra cost Vishay pot was part of the problem. I also consider the 120 to be a neutral, transparent amp but there are at least two Head-Fiers who describe the sound sig as 'euphonic', at least in comparison to the Objective2. Beats me. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #48 of 283
Glad to hear that your impressions match mine.  Justin did send me the amp quite a while ago and said he now uses better matched parts, so hopefully it is true that the volume pot issues are gone.  The amp is very nice!  And maybe the DAC is euphoric and the uHA allows that to show through and the O2 doesn't?

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #49 of 283
Thanks for your reviews,I have been searched a amp for my portable gears for a long while.
I'm considering between iQube v1 and ADL CRUISE now,they both are good amps in my opinion,
And really,the CRUISE is the most special design I ever saw before.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #51 of 283
I am looking for a travel amp to use with my HD-650's, iPad and Zen PMP. Battery life is important. I noticed the Cruise calls for the source headphone jack as the input. I thought an iPad 30 pin was preferred. I have been lookng mainly at the E11 and the Cruise. Now I see more options. Please ad use your thoughts.

THank you

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #52 of 283
Yes, the line out is better than the HPO and the Cruise works fine from a line out.  Unfortunately I can't compare the E11 with the Cruise, but the works well with full sized headphones.  The brighter, punchier presentation of the Cruise is a good match for my darker, thicker headphones, so again I think the Cruise would match well with the HD650.  As far as driving power, the Cruise is on the higher end of the spectrum for loudness with great quality.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #55 of 283
Wonderful thread.  I hope this eventually grows into something on the scale of Joker's IEM comparison list - we need our experts to give us advice that can become truly useful, in addition to the fun and entertaining aspects of it all.  Bravo!

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #57 of 283
What a great set of reviews - thank you very much for an excellent job!
So glad that I came across this since I'm looking to buy my first amp, and this is just the sort of explanation that's really helpful to a newbie like me!

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #58 of 283
Great reviews and thanks for including the phone interference category, it's difficult to get that information anywhere else. Keep up the good work
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #59 of 283

Quote:
What a great set of reviews - thank you very much for an excellent job!
So glad that I came across this since I'm looking to buy my first amp, and this is just the sort of explanation that's really helpful to a newbie like me!

Quote:
Great reviews and thanks for including the phone interference category, it's difficult to get that information anywhere else. Keep up the good work
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you both.  I am trying to give the whole picture and be different than others.  I hope to add more amps in the future as time permits, including more amps in the lower price range.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #60 of 283

Quote:
[size=9pt]The [/size][size=9pt](Arrow)[/size][size=9pt] G4 has more resolution and is closer to the performance of the Pico Slim and Stepdance and I am looking forward to hearing the G4 when it is ready.[/size]

Just received my Arrow 4G and am very impressed. I've used the 1G for quite some time and have used/tried other amps while waiting for the 4G to go into production. The new 4G is a great amp with noticeable improvements in clarity and definition. With the addition of the treble switch it's become even more versatile/adjustable.

I agree that it's now much closer in SQ to the Slim but with a much wider range of headphone compatibility.

PS: I enjoy your impressions and look forward to more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back