Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Jun 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #137 of 283
I have talked to Cesar about that and with the performance and size, no.  You can bring an external battery pack, but of course that cuts down on the portability.  I also talked with him about USB charging so you can charge on the go easily, but that would significantly increase the charge time.

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #139 of 283
Pico Slim takes the cake dude, I havent found one thing better for the AS-2's I got.
Quote:
So close to become the perfect portable amp :frowning2:

Guess I have to find another amp, and wait till I can upgrade my ASG-1 to ASG-2 so I can decide better on amp pairing. Thanks for the reply man!

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #140 of 283
Quote:
Pico Slim takes the cake dude, I havent found one thing better for the AS-2's I got.

Idk why I prefer pairing my ASG-1 with RSA Shadow than Pico Slim. I found Pico Slim too neutral. Shadow is darker and warmer, with sweet midrange and I enjoy it more. However that time I only have time to spend 10 mins with each amp, with limited variety of song genre. Maybe I need to find some other time to audition longer.

Anyway, is there any other cheaper yet great amp pairing with ASG-1? :)

Jun 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #141 of 283
I said I had AS-2's. ASG-1's wont need the same thing as when they are ASG-2's when you do that. It's going to need something that pairs well with high sensitivity IEM's when it's ASG-2's.

For the ASG-1's, anything decent will do. They don't need an amp but will definitely benefit from more power. The thing about amping the AS-2's is that they are so revealing you need as good of a source and amp as possible. The Pico Slim hits the spot ridiculously well and the AS-2's are quite magical when I use that combination
Quote:
Idk why I prefer pairing my ASG-1 with RSA Shadow than Pico Slim. I found Pico Slim too neutral. Shadow is darker and warmer, with sweet midrange and I enjoy it more. However that time I only have time to spend 10 mins with each amp, with limited variety of song genre. Maybe I need to find some other time to audition longer.

Anyway, is there any other cheaper yet great amp pairing with ASG-1? :)

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #144 of 283
Quote:
I said I had AS-2's. ASG-1's wont need the same thing as when they are ASG-2's when you do that. It's going to need something that pairs well with high sensitivity IEM's when it's ASG-2's.

For the ASG-1's, anything decent will do. They don't need an amp but will definitely benefit from more power. The thing about amping the AS-2's is that they are so revealing you need as good of a source and amp as possible. The Pico Slim hits the spot ridiculously well and the AS-2's are quite magical when I use that combination

Ah I misread ur post. Maybe will try it out as soon as ASG-2 comes out.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #146 of 283
I'd say you stay with the Rocoo by itself. You have JH16's that are completely BA based, and the Rocoo BA is meant for that. it should be a great pairing for you as it is. Pico Slim will sound wonderful though, just not as necessary as a clean source can be. The Pico Slim will clean up a slightly unclean signal if it needs to. 
Quote:
hi AJ,

I am thinking to buy pico slim for my JH16 and my source is ROCOO BA, what do you think about it?

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #147 of 283
Quote:
hi AJ,

I am thinking to buy pico slim for my JH16 and my source is ROCOO BA, what do you think about it?

First, the size of the two works quite well, as you can see from my not so great pictures.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the sound, but I was pleasantly surprised by the sound with the PS.  The sound is more forward with the PS, but cleaner with more depth to the presentation and better layering and resolution within the soundstage.  In addition, the deep bass extends deeper and has more weight and impact, although the rest of the bass spectrum doesn't change.  All in all the changes aren't significant unless you listen to a lot of tracks with deep bass or that are very spacious.  There is more of a change than I thought there would be, but it still isn't huge and only your wallet tell you if the changes are worth the price.

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #148 of 283
Thanks for your info and the pictures look ok for me :)

I'm more listen to trance like (50% trance, 50% other gender) so I think I can consider PS for my portable amp

or do you have any suggestion which portable amp that can pair nicely with my setup other than PS?

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #150 of 283
Quote:
Thanks for your info and the pictures look ok for me :)

I'm more listen to trance like (50% trance, 50% other gender) so I think I can consider PS for my portable amp

or do you have any suggestion which portable amp that can pair nicely with my setup other than PS?

The PS has the perfect form factor and the Arrow didn't perform as well with the RoCoo BA.  Everything else I have is much larger.

Quote:
Hi AJ, many thanks for sharing the reviews.   Got the Portaphile 627 and really enjoying it.   Great synergy with my Studio V.   Very analog sounding and un-fatiqueing. 

Congrats on your purchase; I am still enjoying the 627 also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back