multi monitor vid card for trading
Sep 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tippet

New Head-Fier
My appian crapped out and am currently in the market for a vid card capable of handling 4 monitors. This is only used for trading and will not having any gaming application. Ideas for card under 400 that you've had experience with?
tia
P

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 5
my brother uses a quadro for trading. under $400 i think maybe you can go with two vid cards but i don't know how to hook it up. i'd call cdw and press the option for large business. those guys will certainly be able to help. the problem is i don't know about under $400. i forgot what application my brother uses but it does run on 4 displays.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 5
It really depends on what inputs your monitor has. If they're all DVI, the cheapest option is probably a Sapphire 6770 Flex with an additional active DisplayPort>DVI adaptor. Both items should come in at under $300 total. If at least one of the monitors are DisplayPort capable, you can skip the active DisplayPort>DVI adaptor and the card by itself comes in at under $200.

If you're going this way, make sure you get an active DisplayPort>DVI adaptor. The passive ones are cheaper, but will not function correctly.

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
My appian crapped out and am currently in the market for a vid card capable of handling 4 monitors. This is only used for trading and will not having any gaming application. Ideas for card under 400 that you've had experience with?
tia
P

Four monitors at what resolution? Also, DVI? Display Port? HDMI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back