Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #11,852 of 16,931
Any thoughts on the Audio Technica CKS77 or CKS99 anyone?
i'm really into the half-in-ear design because of it being a more *secure* fit,
but i'm also looking for isolation.
also, though i like bass, i don't like the mids too recessed, and i hate sibilance/harshness.
i was gonna go for the CKM500 but i'm afraid of the microphonics people describe!
would also go for the Fidelio S2/S1... but no isolation! :|

Oct 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #11,854 of 16,931
  Uh-oh, better late than never: congrats on reaching 300!
beerchug.gif

Man i can't even remember where you were up to when I first came here. It was like 150. Kind of mind boggling when I still owe someone impressions on a loan from a month ago.

Congrats!

I'm very curious to hear the NT6 myself. It seems to share a lot in common with the UERM, which I've been using for the last week or so, except with greater midrange presence, though it seems to be even more greatly lifted in the upper treble region, which is a nice effect on the UERM, but it doesn't play nice with tracks that don't scrutinize mastering and can get tiring after a while. It's just so difficult to keep the upper treble even keeled in IEMs, though...

And also, very silly of me not to congratulate you on 300 --- it's a milestone!
beerchug.gif

Congrats on your 300!

Congrats on your 300th review |Joker|,your reviews have always been my reference and go -to.
Loving my Jh13 more. Hope u get to review Roxanne
smily_headphones1.gif

dayumm, that's a lot. 

grats!

Congrats on the 300, Joker!!!

Thanks, all! 
beerchug.gif

Alright gents, I'm officially lost on where to go with my iem.  I have the UM3X now and while it's okay on the commute it's bloody awful out of the big rig.

Preference would be a universal with Audeze type tonal balance.  No massive spikes or droops along the way please :wink:

I had considered the ER4P or 535 maybe split the difference with the 425.  Long story short my headphone experience has been more or less limited to full sized open cans so I'm for all intents and purposes... a noob :p

What do you want changed about the UM3X? 

The most LCD-2 like IEM I've heard is probably the Heir 8.A but failing that the SE535 should be a good choice. 

Is it possible to buy reinforcing headphones for $ 45? Prompt what. 'm Going to use the phone. yamaha audio chip

I'm not sure what that means.

Still not decided, help me please. Looking for a IEM with Mic for my Android source (Nexus 4).

Updating the options available:

------------------------------------------
Ultimate Ears UE200vm ($25)
JVC HA-FR201 ($25)
LG HSS F420 ($25)
SoundMAGIC MP21 ($35)
Sony MH1C ($45)
DUNU DN-22M ($45)
Astrotec AM-90 ($50)

Of those the MH1C and LG F420 sound the best IMO. The MH1C is typically the "safer" choice because it's smoother and has more bass but for rock I prefer the Quadbeat (F420). The LG should be good as long as you don't need heavy bass. 

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #11,855 of 16,931
  What do you want changed about the UM3X? 

Mostly the massive scoop out from 2-8KHz.  I find it overly warm and lacking in definition and air.  Kind of like an early LCD-2 Rev1 on an already warm rig.

Measurements wise the interesting ones all seem to be duals DBA-02, W2, UE700 etc.  Don't know however if measurements and actual presentation match.  Also odd that the universal $300+ market is full of wildly inaccurate iems :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #11,856 of 16,931
  Alright gents, I'm officially lost on where to go with my iem.  I have the UM3X now and while it's okay on the commute it's bloody awful out of the big rig.

Preference would be a universal with Audeze type tonal balance.  No massive spikes or droops along the way please :wink:

I had considered the ER4P or 535 maybe split the difference with the 425.  Long story short my headphone experience has been more or less limited to full sized open cans so I'm for all intents and purposes... a noob :p

The Shure SE846 is very very similar to the LCD2/LCD3 imo. It sits right in between in terms of sound sig, and also sound quality imo.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #11,857 of 16,931

Of those the MH1C and LG F420 sound the best IMO. The MH1C is typically the "safer" choice because it's smoother and has more bass but for rock I prefer the Quadbeat (F420). The LG should be good as long as you don't need heavy bass. 

Thanks!

So I think I'm going with LG F420 or F530 because it's cheaper and I listen to rock.

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #11,858 of 16,931
  The Shure SE846 is very very similar to the LCD2/LCD3 imo. It sits right in between in terms of sound sig, and also sound quality imo.

My problem or hesitance on the Shure front is the cliff that is 10KHz+ on all Shure IEMs.

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #11,859 of 16,931

Thanks, much appreciated 
beerchug.gif

The *200 and *400 Complys I have are loose. Shure Olives and Westone True-Fit Foams don't fit. Not sure about the rest.

It'll be done before black Friday. I'd give it a month at most. 

With some stretching =P I was able to fit the T-100 on my SteelSeries Flux In-ear

Oh and Happy 300! :D

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #11,864 of 16,931

Mostly the massive scoop out from 2-8KHz.  I find it overly warm and lacking in definition and air.  Kind of like an early LCD-2 Rev1 on an already warm rig.

Measurements wise the interesting ones all seem to be duals DBA-02, W2, UE700 etc.  Don't know however if measurements and actual presentation match.  Also odd that the universal $300+ market is full of wildly inaccurate iems :frowning2:

Well, the DBA-02 and UE700 are definitely brighter than the LCD2. Measurements are tricky when it comes to treble. For example with the compensation InnerFidelity uses, earphones that are more or less flat in the treble, such as the Audio-Technica CKM500, tend to sound overly edgy and unrefined while those with a sculpted response (e.g. HiFiMan RE272) can sound pretty good.

With some stretching =P I was able to fit the T-100 on my SteelSeries Flux In-ear

Oh and Happy 300! :D

I've tried stretching the Comply cores before but they were tough so bravely I gave up. Glad you managed! 

Happy 300 joker! A job well done! :))) Cheeeeeeeeers!

Congrats on the 300th review. Looking forward to the 500th!

Hope you will add Philips S1 and S2 soon.

Thank you all 
beerchug.gif

The Philips S1 and S2 will be added before the 500th 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back