Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #7,322 of 16,931
Quote:
Generally, not as warm and intimate as all of these others.

Thanks 
smile.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #7,323 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:
is the GR06 worth the double price from the GR99 ?

Kind of a difficult question to answer - diminishing returns, personal decision, etc., etc.. If we were all trying to avoid paying double for anything much less than double the performance, we would all stop with our Monoprice 8320s and Philips SHE3580s.

back to that. i 99% agree. got the SHE last day and it can be the first and last iem to get (for non-head-fi'ers
tongue_smile.gif
)
now i'm waiting for this and the fx40 review!

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #7,325 of 16,931
hi ljokerl ! I think that Creative Aurvana 3's impedance is 28 Ω
or maybe I'm missing some thing.

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #7,326 of 16,931
Thanks for the EPH-100 review Joker...I've been waiting from your side on how it fares on your Universal IEM List. I might be having them this month as I am very curious on their sound, like somebody here commented, on another thread that it's a FX700 with much better isolation. From your description, I might get to try them..I'm collecting a bang-for-buck iems right now, like the PFE-122 - very non-fatiguing sound that can catch-up with my top-end UIEMs. And they are very comfortable. Not really good for pop and energetic music because of the bass quality but able to scale on some audiophile recordings. You can be surprise how these bang-for-back iems sound compare to the top-tiers on a very good source/dap. Not really into the 232 and K3003 right now, maybe another time. And CIEMs are just pain complicated to order, especially when I am rooting the SE5-way.

Some IEMs I also want to hear are the 262, 272, GR07 (which first time I didn't like) and the EPH-100..which piqued my interest.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #7,327 of 16,931
Quote:
hi joker. do u have multi thread earbuds review?
which one is better, senn mx760, blox m2c, or yuin pk3?

*sorry OOT :frowning2:

Nope, nothing for earbuds.

Quote:
hi ljokerl ! I think that Creative Aurvana 3's impedance is 28 Ω
or maybe I'm missing some thing.

Fixed, thanks.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #7,328 of 16,931
after some 75hrs of burnin , the top firing arm of my ue 600 , sounds awesome with out the harshness of ue 700 , but kind of i miss it , but this has awesome rounded sound-stage , not tall but big , man awesome . hadnt thought of a $80 ba giving this much fun and clarity .

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #7,329 of 16,931
Hi, i'm Daniel from Italy.
After I broke the NuForce NE6 (I consider the best in ear headphones I've ever felt as the definitions of high, medium and low rather than good) I wanted to ask here since it's been done very well this topic: I know that everything is soggetivo but could you advise me on your next purchase? (maximum 50 €). The M2 Brainwavz Loe reputed pumped in low and medium, but as they are high compared to NuForce? Or in any case could you tell me the "best"? (I repeat, I know that is subjective, and I wish there was a store that you try all the face ... XD)

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #7,330 of 16,931
Can I throw in the suggestion here for everyone that you include what music you like to listen to, especially when asking for recommendations or giving impressions? For example, some IEMs (or headphones) that work well with jazz or classical may sound awful and piercing with modern pop and rock.  Also mentioning if you listen at quiet, moderate or loud levels is important. Same thing again. 
smile.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #7,331 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi, i'm Daniel from Italy.
After I broke the NuForce NE6 (I consider the best in ear headphones I've ever felt as the definitions of high, medium and low rather than good) I wanted to ask here since it's been done very well this topic: I know that everything is soggetivo but could you advise me on your next purchase? (maximum 50 €). The M2 Brainwavz Loe reputed pumped in low and medium, but as they are high compared to NuForce? Or in any case could you tell me the "best"? (I repeat, I know that is subjective, and I wish there was a store that you try all the face ... XD)

The M2 has decent treble, a little rolled-off at the top but clean and not harsh/sibilant. I think it would be a good NE6 replacement. You can also match the NE-6 a little below that price range - with the Dunu Trident, for example, or the VSonic GR99. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #7,332 of 16,931

Hi joker, it seems that the RE272 is much easier to drive and would like to know how much of a difference compared to the RE262. I read that the 262 is kind of tuned differently to the other Hifiman lineup and wonder does the RE272 has a similar but improved performance over the RE262. If it is,can the RE272 justify the higher price tag compared to the RE262 or it is just a completely different sound signature. Thanks.

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #7,333 of 16,931
Can I throw in the suggestion here for everyone that you include what music you like to listen to, especially when asking for recommendations or giving impressions? For example, some IEMs (or headphones) that work well with jazz or classical may sound awful and piercing with modern pop and rock.  Also mentioning if you listen at quiet, moderate or loud levels is important. Same thing again. :smile:

I think the most import thing to mention is what earphones you've been using (no matter how cheap) and what you find lacking about them. Because what works for one person in one genre may totally not work for another person even in the same genre. Me, I find that after I've found the right sound sig I like to use it on all genres with little variation.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 23, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #7,334 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi joker, it seems that the RE272 is much easier to drive and would like to know how much of a difference compared to the RE262. I read that the 262 is kind of tuned differently to the other Hifiman lineup and wonder does the RE272 has a similar but improved performance over the RE262. If it is,can the RE272 justify the higher price tag compared to the RE262 or it is just a completely different sound signature. Thanks.

I think the RE272 is slightly better than the RE262 but mostly just different in signature - brighter, cooler, etc. RE262 fans might not necessarily like the RE272 more.

Quote:
I think the most import thing to mention is what earphones you've been using (no matter how cheap) and what you find lacking about them. Because what works for one person in one genre may totally not work for another person even in the same genre. Me, I find that after I've found the right sound sig I like to use it on all genres with little variation.

This is my wish as well. Opinions on past IEMs and overall signature preferences make it easiest to provide good recommendations.

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #7,335 of 16,931
I think the RE272 is slightly better than the RE262 but mostly just different in signature - brighter, cooler, etc. RE262 fans might not necessarily like the RE272 more.

Here am I, re262 fan. I do prefer re262 over re272 due to the sound sig, though I consider re272 to be technically better. Judging by Leo888 forum sig headphones, I bet he will like re262 more too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back