Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 12, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #886 of 16,931
Quote:
This truly needs to be stickied. I've looked at this thread a long time ago and is the reason why I got the DBA-02's. I still look at today just to check out new IEM's.

It will be 100% perfect when the MC5, SM3, Westone 3's, Shure models, and UE Triple.Fi.'s get reviewed.

If you're specifically looking for it this thread shouldn't be hard to find - it's the first google search result for 'multi IEM review' or 'IEM review thread' or 'x IEMs compared' (where 0 < x < 115) 
tongue.gif
. Of that list Shure IEMs are the only ones I have no plans to review. Everything else is currently in progress. 

Quote:
Indeed. Hope there is a Westone 2 review as well. Can I audition your DBAs bai?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, there will be a Westone 2 review
smile_phones.gif
. Any earphone that is on the 'to do' list in post #8 is already in my possession and (most likely) is gathering dust awaiting its turn. 

Quote:
Will you look at adding the Sunrise SW-Xcape one day? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes, I have a couple of possibilities for getting a go at the Xcape. Hopefully I'll have my hands on it sooner rather than later but not too soon as I've got loads of other write-ups to post.

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #887 of 16,931
Thanks ljokerl, for the additions.

I think, too, that this thread should be sticky, I find it just imprescindible even in the (strange) occasions where I don't think the same as you in some model. I don't think anybody can find a more comprehensive and plain good list of IEMs in the net.

THANKS, dude
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #888 of 16,931
Quote:

If you're specifically looking for it this thread shouldn't be hard to find - it's the first google search result for 'multi IEM review' or 'IEM review thread' or 'x IEMs compared' (where 0 < x < 115) 
tongue.gif
. Of that list Shure IEMs are the only ones I have no plans to review. Everything else is currently in progress. 

Amusing, since searching Head-Fi it's actually incredibly difficult to find. I am totally down with all the sticky sentiments - maybe it would lessen the number of 'Help - first time poster needs earphones!' threads.

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #889 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:
This truly needs to be stickied. I've looked at this thread a long time ago and is the reason why I got the DBA-02's. I still look at today just to check out new IEM's.

It will be 100% perfect when the MC5, SM3, Westone 3's, Shure models, and UE Triple.Fi.'s get reviewed.

tongue.gif

Fantastic but why no Shure reviews?

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #892 of 16,931
@ Joker: great Fischer Audio Silver Bullet review.

I have received mine today from Russia. They really sounded amazing from the start. As you wrote in your review the cables are very thin above the y-split.
I always worry about breaking them. Like this the SBs do not look as if they were built to last...but the sound ... wow

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #895 of 16,931

Quote:
i AM STILL waiting for bro joker's review on MILES DAVIS tribute...

I hope I'm interpreting this wrong but it does not look like you are being very appreciative of what joker has been doing. I wish there was some kind of guide such as this when I first got started in this hobby. It would have saved me a good amount of money (..maybe well probably not.) Writing reviews is not easy especially something such as this where there are lots of reviews. It takes a lot more time and effort that you may think if you have never written a review before. Also there are things other than reviewing that joker does so it's not like he can just pump out reviews like a machine.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #896 of 16,931
Quote:

I think, too, that this thread should be sticky, I find it just imprescindible even in the (strange) occasions where I don't think the same as you in some model. I don't think anybody can find a more comprehensive and plain good list of IEMs in the net.

THANKS, dude
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, D. Glad to see you around 
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Pretty much what rawrster said - I simply haven't had any pass through my hands since I started this thread and having some previous experience with lower Shure models I've never been tempted to buy any.

Quote:
Fantastic thread!! Helped me choose my wonderful meelec m6's!

Thanks, glad the thread helped!

Quote:

I have received mine today from Russia. They really sounded amazing from the start. As you wrote in your review the cables are very thin above the y-split.
I always worry about breaking them. Like this the SBs do not look as if they were built to last...but the sound ... wow

I say if you can get $68 worth of audio enjoyment out of them, it's still worth it in the end, but here's to hoping that the rev.2 is a better all-rounder
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I hope I'm interpreting this wrong but it does not look like you are being very appreciative of what joker has been doing. I wish there was some kind of guide such as this when I first got started in this hobby. It would have saved me a good amount of money (..maybe well probably not.) Writing reviews is not easy especially something such as this where there are lots of reviews. It takes a lot more time and effort that you may think if you have never written a review before. Also there are things other than reviewing that joker does so it's not like he can just pump out reviews like a machine.

Thanks, rawrster, though I think his post came out sounding very different than was intended due to language barrier. Either way the MD review will be done when it's done 
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #897 of 16,931
I don't believe pinoyman is being rude!

I think he meant like he can't wait for joker review of MD

Quote:
Quote:

THANKS, dude
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, D. Glad to see you around 
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Pretty much what rawrster said - I simply haven't had any pass through my hands since I started this thread and having some previous experience with lower Shure models I've never been tempted to buy any.

Quote:
Fantastic thread!! Helped me choose my wonderful meelec m6's!

Thanks, glad the thread helped!

Quote:

I say if you can get $68 worth of audio enjoyment out of them, it's still worth it in the end, but here's to hoping that the rev.2 is a better all-rounder
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Thanks, rawrster, though I think his post came out sounding very different than was intended due to language barrier. Either way the MD review will be done when it's done 
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #898 of 16,931
I did leave the possibility of interpreting it wrong
smily_headphones1.gif

If the rev.2 of the Silver Bullets has a much better cable and well a strain relief near the housing I might be tempted as long as sound isn't changed like what they supposedly did with v1 and v2 of the Eterna. It does depend on what earphones I have then but good deals always get me in the end ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back