Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 8, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #16,907 of 16,931
Have anyone tried the XD200 Multi Driver Deep Bass Noise Isolating Professional Earbuds? I got them free from The Modern Almanac, only paid shipping. My gut tells me you get what you pay for. However, they sounded decent if a bit weird upon arrival. I have them on my computer at home right now pushing pink noise. I figure a day or so of burn in could help. The fit is strange, as they don't come with any replacement tips. If feels as if they don't go all the way into the ear canal. And the sound was weird. It made recordings sound "live". I'm listening to FLAC on a FiiO x7 ii. I'm a headphone noob, so I really don't know what I'm hearing. I'll revisit when it's been on for a day or 2.

Also, I listen to so much good stuff that I don't have 1 good song that I compare headphones to. I need one.

XD200

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #16,908 of 16,931
You know what I also noticed.... the ue500 gets very coongested. If you listen to anything that goes beyond the basic ensemble (symphonic death metals in my case) the drivers fumble. They just cant keep up with all that's going on. Things tend till pop in even at times. Thank goodness these are gym throw aways (and out of production lol) the ue days are gone.

Sep 24, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #16,912 of 16,931
Yes.This list and his contribution to the headphonelist site were so valuable for us.. Where is he now? @ClieOS and others are still around.

This is a necro move but this thread came up in search just did and well... obviously he's moved on. Jokers stuff was invaluable to me early on, i can't remember how i found it but it was his lists that pointed me towards the GR07 and got me going on this IEM thing that's provided years of listening enjoyment, deepened my relationship with music and made travel and work a million times better.

I just had a look at his quick reference for iems under $50 and it's looking quite out of date imo. There are many more interesting options available at the moment.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #16,915 of 16,931
This is a necro move but this thread came up in search just did and well... obviously he's moved on. Jokers stuff was invaluable to me early on, i can't remember how i found it but it was his lists that pointed me towards the GR07 and got me going on this IEM thing that's provided years of listening enjoyment, deepened my relationship with music and made travel and work a million times better.

I just had a look at his quick reference for iems under $50 and it's looking quite out of date imo. There are many more interesting options available at the moment.
But so sad he didnt even make a sound on web anymore

Jul 21, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #16,916 of 16,931

burial.
just saying.
and HZsound Heart Mirrror if you want to try the best sub-100$ iem that as been around since 1 year.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #16,917 of 16,931
Aurisonics Rockets with reversed Comply T eartips if you don’t mind a flat bass, Final E5000 with reversed Comply eartips if you like a balanced sound with some bass emphasis.
I prefer the Drop JVC HA-FDX1. In my opinion, and with the right source (SP1K), is the most natural thing I ever heard for the price (under $300)

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #16,919 of 16,931

I just wonder if they're more interesting today because they're more talked about today, or because they actually sound better :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back