Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 2, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #14,701 of 16,931
This seems like what I'm looking for. Unfortunately I don't have an amp. Not that I don't want to spend on a cheap amp. Since I need something for outdoor use (I have the HD558 plugged into my old Onkyo receiver for home use, and of course the MX985) , I don't like to carry an amp around with me.

What would I lose out if I don't pair the Havi with an amp? Details, soundstage, or just volume?

How would you compare between the TX1, TX2, and S1? I read your reviews over at Inner Fidelity, but I'd like a quick summary if you don't mind. Are their soundstages of the same size and quality? I can use EQ to alter the sound to my liking, but I don't think I can do that to soundstage.

Unfortunately you'll miss out on all of the things in bold without a amp. What source do you plan to use?

Tbh the B3's are superior to the TX2 in everything but bass quantity. The S2 (should sound more or less identical to the S1) is closer and it makes me think that the S1 would suit your needs better than the TX2.

The S2 are more balanced than the TX2 and also have a better soundstage.

Hope this helps.

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #14,702 of 16,931
Unfortunately you'll miss out on all of the things in bold without a amp. What source do you plan to use?

Tbh the B3's are superior to the TX2 in everything but bass quantity. The S2 (should sound more or less identical to the S1) is closer and it makes me think that the S1 would suit your needs better than the TX2.

The S2 are more balanced than the TX2 and also have a better soundstage.

Hope this helps.

I don't have a dedicated source. The audio straight out of my Moto G is decent enough for me.

Will the B3's soundstage match those of the very best earbuds (like my MX985)?

It's a shame the B3 seems like a perfect IEM for me, except for the amp requirement part. Maybe if the new B6 is even better, I'll consider getting it as well as an amp. I'll hold my breath till the B6 reviews :)

Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate.

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #14,703 of 16,931
I don't have a dedicated source. The audio straight out of my Moto G is decent enough for me.

Will the B3's soundstage match those of the very best earbuds (like my MX985)?

It's a shame the B3 seems like a perfect IEM for me, except for the amp requirement part. Maybe if the new B6 is even better, I'll consider getting it as well as an amp. I'll hold my breath till the B6 reviews :)

Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate.

Moto G will not be enough to feed Havi B3. You'll need an amp for Havi but with an amp like Topping Nx1 it is truly amazing. Granted.

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #14,704 of 16,931

How would you compare between the TX1, TX2, and S1? I read your reviews over at Inner Fidelity, but I'd like a quick summary if you don't mind. Are their soundstages of the same size and quality? I can use EQ to alter the sound to my liking, but I don't think I can do that to soundstage.

The S1 is less bassy and more balanced and refined; soundstage width is similar IMO but imaging is a little better with the Fidelios. Maybe a little harder to drive than the TX1/TX2, but it doesn't need an amp. Isolation is no better, unfortunately. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #14,705 of 16,931
Moto G will not be enough to feed Havi B3. You'll need an amp for Havi but with an amp like Topping Nx1 it is truly amazing. Granted.

+1

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #14,708 of 16,931
Dear joker, I am desperately in need of advise from you.

A few days ago I lost my beloved GR02 BE IEM. Loved the build quality and sound signature and really want that back. Which IEM would you advise me to replace it with?

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #14,709 of 16,931
Dear joker, I am desperately in need of advise from you.

A few days ago I lost my beloved GR02 BE IEM. Loved the build quality and sound signature and really want that back. Which IEM would you advise me to replace it with?

If we’re talking about the same price point, another GR02BE is probably your best for similar sound. For a slightly more balanced tuning with better fidelity but still in a similar vein you also try VSonic’s VSD1S (~$50) or VSD3S (~$60). If you want to upgrade a little but with more bass-heavy sound you may consider the Brainwavz S1 or HiSound Wooduo2. Both are still v-shaped sounding and a little bassier than the GR02BE, but they retain the hallmarks of good clarity and properly extended bass. Higher-end than that, DN-1000 at ~$200.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #14,710 of 16,931
If we’re talking about the same price point, another GR02BE is probably your best for similar sound. For a slightly more balanced tuning with better fidelity but still in a similar vein you also try VSonic’s VSD1S (~$50) or VSD3S (~$60). If you want to upgrade a little but with more bass-heavy sound you may consider the Brainwavz S1 or HiSound Wooduo2. Both are still v-shaped sounding and a little bassier than the GR02BE, but they retain the hallmarks of good clarity and properly extended bass. Higher-end than that, DN-1000 at ~$200.

Thank you joker!

Preferably I'd like to get another GR02BE but can't find any retailer still offering it. Would you perhaps know any website still offering it?

If not then at least I now know what to get as alternative. So again thank you for that joker!

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #14,711 of 16,931
Thank you joker!

Preferably I'd like to get another GR02BE but can't find any retailer still offering it. Would you perhaps know any website still offering it?

If not then at least I now know what to get as alternative. So again thank you for that joker!

Amazon still has them in stock. If you're outside the US, lendmeurears

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #14,712 of 16,931
Thank you joker!

lmue has it.....

http://www.lendmeurears.com/gr02-bass-edition/

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #14,714 of 16,931
Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me out :) Iam currently looking into the fidue a83, dn 2000, and stage diver sd2. Iam not sure which would suit my taste if any though to be honest! I currently own tdk ba200 and iam not all that keen on them. They just sound a little boring to me but maybe ive just been spoiled by my full sized he 500s :) Iam basically wanting something that would be considered an upgrade over the tdk ba200s . Something a bit more engaging , a nice oomph to the bass and great vocals. I appreciate a little treble extension also but i dont want the treble to be too bright as it can be a bit too much at high volume but rather smooth and crisp!

Of the three iems i mentioned , I can get the dn 2000 the cheapest (€250) the fidue a83 is i think €270 and the stage diver sd2s are significantly more expensive at €360 which is a tad more then i want to spend but i would spend it if they were worth it :) 

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #14,715 of 16,931
  Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me out :) Iam currently looking into the fidue a83, dn 2000, and stage diver sd2. Iam not sure which would suit my taste if any though to be honest! I currently own tdk ba200 and iam not all that keen on them. They just sound a little boring to me but maybe ive just been spoiled by my full sized he 500s :) Iam basically wanting something that would be considered an upgrade over the tdk ba200s . Something a bit more engaging , a nice oomph to the bass and great vocals. I appreciate a little treble extension also but i dont want the treble to be too bright as it can be a bit too much at high volume but rather smooth and crisp!

Of the three iems i mentioned , I can get the dn 2000 the cheapest (€250) the fidue a83 is i think €270 and the stage diver sd2s are significantly more expensive at €360 which is a tad more then i want to spend but i would spend it if they were worth it :) 

I was a previous owner of the BA200 (My left side died out) and was actually a big fan, I thought they were a misfire when I initially purchased until I changed the tips to the Shure triple flange. I moved on to a JVC woodie pair but am actually receiving the Fidue A83 later today. I can give some impressions from what I remember of the BA200's at a later time. 

The kicker for me these days is a removable cable, which I don't think the Dunu's have. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back