1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)

First

Back
656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665
667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676
Next

Last
  1. Amitl
    if the Yamaha EPH100 had the RockIt 50 housing and cable, i'd buy it
    i just don't get why don't most IEM manufacturers solve the micrphonics thing already
    by doing what RockIt Sounds is doing!!

2. Lifted Andreas

Seriously?

Yamaha has even better Housing! I see the R50s as rubbery pieces of plastic death, and if I saw someone with them I wouldn't be giddy that I don't have them. Which is a different story with the Yamaha.

Oh and the reason not all earphones are like the R50s (gladly), its because not everyone wants to wear them over the ear.

3. Zelda
    Quote:
    why not the Astrotec AX7 then?

4. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

I would take the EPH-100 still. The MTPG won't be as tight and controlled when it comes to bass and has few other advantages over the EPH-100. 

Quote:

I would choose the GR01 over the EPH100 most of the time. For me the EPH-100 has more bass than I need, to the point of not being entirely true to the recording, while the GR01 is more in line with what I want to hear. It's also hugely incorrect to say all BA IEMs are sibilant and lack bass, but that's another story.

Quote:

Agreed, they are a very good match for EDM. 

Quote:

I don't think you will like the SM2 - it's warm, thick, and smooth. More UM3X than W3, really. The W3 is a much better match for the S4 type signature. 

Quote:

The RE-400 doesn't have more bass than the E30. The Philips Fidelio S1 does and would be a good choice. It has a wider soundstage much like the E30. The FXT90 has even more bass and treble than that and its presentation has better depth. The FXD80 from JVC would be another good option with less bass than the FXT90 but you lose some of the midrange presence with that.

Quote:

It's been discontinued so it doesn't really matter but its score is worth no less now than it was two years ago. You can see how it stacks up in the chart. 

5. Amitl
    geko95gek: the yamahas are prettier, i agree, but that doesnt mean much.
    Joker: which earphone is your recommendation for death/black/doom/extreme metal?
              (with no sibilance/harshness) :)

6. thesuperguy
    Quote:

I specifically chose not to buy the R50 for the sole purpose of its untrustworthy build quality. I've seen people saying that the cable you very much praise splits and starts tearing off the housing after only a couple of months.

7. Deviltooth
    Quote:

I don't think the R-50 is built badly (average).  The real problem is how uncomfortable the cable is.  I have no problem wearing my cables over the ear, the R-50 is an exception with the worst memory wire I've encountered.

8. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

I don't really listen to that sort of thing except for Agalloch, some older Opeth, and whatever Katatonia/Paradise Lost albums fall under those labels. I'm happy with a neutral sound (etys and the like) for these.

9. Gryphus0204
    Hey Joker! I need some advice! I'm getting a birthday present for a friend, and I've narrowed it down to the Astrotec Am-90, Dunu Trident or GR02. Which one would you recommend? My friend isn't really an audiophile, so she wouldn't be too picky or detailed about the sound. She generally likes night core and pop.

10. bangdomarkin
    Joker, which iem below U$ 120.00 has a sound signature more like the 1964 V3?

11. FrequencyBlue
    Quote:
    just to save you some time, he might ask you your friend's music preference

12. colonelclaypool
    Quote:

which eq app is that?

13. Lifted Andreas
    Quote:

Indeed mate!

Btw, I got the SoundMAGIC E10 about a week ago now on your recommendation and they sound really good with EDM as well. Thanks for your input!

I got them at a steal price as well from MP4Nation, £16 shipped which is around $24. Wicked deal! [​IMG]

14. gunnertown
    Greetings.
    I had been to a Shure dealer today in my city for se 215. He told me that he had only 1 in stock . As soon as he gave me the box I noticed that the box had been messed around with. He went ahead to make the bill and immediately I requested that I needed to check those out . I found that the foam tips were deformed and hence requested for a new set of IEM.
    I have a few questions in mind..
    Does the pack have a seal like the ones found in cell phone box?
    Does the connector swivel with ease.. I mean are they that loose?
    I read in a head fi post that the connectors are copper plated and oxidise quickly and hence the sound cut.
    Although I have booked these I would still love to have all these doubts cleared.
    And one important point, these were manufactured in June 2012. So connector problems may have been resolved?

15. Horsethief
First

Back
656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665
667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676
Next

Last