1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)

First

Back
649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658
660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669
Next

Last
  1. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

It's smaller, especially the nozzle. 

2. thesuperguy
    Joker, would you say that it is more worthwhile upgrading a decent source (ipod touch 4g) or upgrading a budget amp (e6)? I had purchased an e11 but I want to be sure it was a worthwhile choice.

3. ljokerl Contributor
    Added the Astrotec DX-60 and AM-800

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not familiar with the current generation of Fiio amps. For me the headphone/earphone is much more important than the amp/dap and as long as you've got something decent for a source the rip/source file quality is more important as well. If you've got something that benefits from amping in one way or another, then the amp becomes more important. I suppose the E6 is already better than the headphone out of the touch 4G, which should be good enough for most IEMs. 

fuckT likes this.
  4. Letchy
    Hi Joker, what is your opinion on the Philips SHE8000 IEM? I have found them on sale - they are usually £24.99 ($38.00) but are currently half price in the store I will be using. Thanks!

EDIT: Regarding my question, how would the Philips SHE8000 compare to the Sennheiser CX160? I am leaning more toward the Sennheisers... Thanks!

5. Zelda
    Quote:
    thanks for the reviews. i liked reading about the AM800. 
    any plan on reviewing the new ECCI´s PR200 mk2 and PR300 mk2 ?

6. Johnny Jumper
    Quote:

Well, I ordered them while the sale was on.  I've been wanting to experience them anyway. This will be IEM number five that I've purchased since joining Head-Fi.  Still haven't found a favorite but they have all been under $100 and they each have their pluses and minuses.

JJ

7. kova4a
    Quote:
    Well, I hope you like it. Sometimes it's hard to find the right sound for you, so it's always a good idea to try several sub-$100 iems before going for the higher-end stuff. The a161p is often my iem for commuting, which was previously my B2's job.

8. Deviltooth
    Thanks for the Astrotec reviews.  For the money I'm very pleased with my AM90 (fantastic cord, Astrotec should use it for all their products).  I was considering the AM-800 as a possible gym option but the lack of isolation makes it a pass.

9. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Sorry, never heard the SHE8000. Philips has tons of IEMs but I've only tried a handful so far. 

Quote:

Thanks! The ECCIs look interesting but no plans to try them at this time.

10. Letchy
    Ah, no problem Joker! I bought the SHE8000 IEMs today and so far they are very, very good for the price I paid.

If I may, would you mind me posting a small review of them in the format you have used in your first post? (Accessories, Microphonics, Isolation etc.) If you don't want me to, that's fine with me - just trying to help you out. :)

11. SyCo87
    Which of our of these two sound more enveloping(3D), the RE-400, GR06, or the GR04?

12. Genia4
    Hi joker, thanks for the great work!

I'm currently looking to upgrade my current set of IEM (Soundmagic E30), and the top two contenders are Etymotic HF5 ($120) and MEElectronics A161p ($100).
    I'm not satisfied with the E30 at all. Isolation and comfort are just about OK, although sound quality is reasonable. I enjoyed my Soundmagic PL50 much more.

Which of the above two IEMs would you recommend? What is the main difference between them. My priorities are Isolation & comfort, and obviously sound quality.

Thanks again!

13. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Well, I don't own this format but I really only use it to conserve space on the front page of the thread. When I post separate reviews, I use a more fleshed-out style.

Quote:

I haven't heard the GR04 but the RE-400 has a broader presentation than the GR06. The GR06 sounds more enveloping but the difference isn't large.

Quote:

The HF5 isolates slightly more than the A161P IMO. Comfort is comparable - the MEElec has angled nozzles but they really don't make a difference because both earphones are so small. Sound-wise, the A161P has more bass while the HF5 remains flatter through the treble. The Ety is a little more balanced IMO, but they are both clear, detailed, and close to neutral. 

14. cibibikeru
    Hi there,

I owh a pair of GR04 Flagship Edition and they sound very good except for sibilance, I listen to many old recordings (mostly classic rock) and it's annoying, where can I get similar SQ without sibilance?
    I had:
    Soundmagic PL30 - good mids, open sound but that's about it
    Brainwavz M1 - very good overall, not so good bass and trebble extension
    Brainwavz M4 - very proeminent ~10KHz frequency, strange v-shape curve, didn't like it
    Astrotec AM-90 - good sounding but FLAT
    Vsonic GR02 Bass - better than the M1 but can't stand sibilance and a little too v-shape
    Shure SE215 - didn't listen much but very good overall, trebble extension not so good
    Vsonic GR04 - best sounding but can't stand sibilance

What I am searching for: SE215 with trebble, GR04 without sibilance, M1 with better everything :D

15. Amitl
    Hello!
    is the ShureSE215 / Shure SE215 LTD cable smartphone friendly?
    it seems rather fat
    and also..is the sound still competitive after all this time since they were released?
    i'm really looking for an IEM in this price range that offers
    a very secure fit with minimal microphonics and punchy bass.

First

Back
649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658
660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669
Next

Last