Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #9,661 of 16,931
Quote:
A $1 shirt clip helps eliminate microphonics almost entirely.

If anyone knows of a good online source to get shirt clips, please let me know. I am looking but not having much luck. Thanks.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #9,662 of 16,931
If anyone knows of a good online source to get shirt clips, please let me know. I am looking but not having much luck. Thanks.

Option:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3x-New-Headphone-Cable-Nip-Clamp-Collar-Holder-Clip-For-Earphone-MP3-Cell-Phone-/190773000826?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2c6af4fa7a&_uhb=1

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #9,663 of 16,931
Just brought the UE900 and loving every moment of it. The mids and highs are so clean and clear. The spacious soundstage sounds really natural and makes my music really involving, especially female vocals and classical music. Piano pieces sounds magical.

Thanks Joker for the recommendation
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #9,665 of 16,931
I wanted to get the ER4PT but thought they were too expensive for what I can spend and thus I'm looking at the HF5. I like the Ety in general because of the isolation (will be using this for commute) and the 'neutrality' (I don't have any headphone I think that have this characteristic). Now is HF5 totally fine or would you recommend maybe a handful of other IEMs within the same price range that would fit those requirements? Or even if HF5 is fine (which Im guessing is), please still give me others to choose from. lol. :)

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #9,666 of 16,931
Quote:
Just brought the UE900 and loving every moment of it. The mids and highs are so clean and clear. The spacious soundstage sounds really natural and makes my music really involving, especially female vocals and classical music. Piano pieces sounds magical.

Thanks Joker for the recommendation
biggrin.gif

Glad you like them 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Option:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3x-New-Headphone-Cable-Nip-Clamp-Collar-Holder-Clip-For-Earphone-MP3-Cell-Phone-/190773000826?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2c6af4fa7a&_uhb=1

Quote:

Here's what I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230927118915This vendor shipped fast, and the clips (supposedly Sennheiser) are quite nice.

Anyone ever seen these sold separately? Would totally buy some. 

Quote:
I wanted to get the ER4PT but thought they were too expensive for what I can spend and thus I'm looking at the HF5. I like the Ety in general because of the isolation (will be using this for commute) and the 'neutrality' (I don't have any headphone I think that have this characteristic). Now is HF5 totally fine or would you recommend maybe a handful of other IEMs within the same price range that would fit those requirements? Or even if HF5 is fine (which Im guessing is), please still give me others to choose from. lol. :)

Yeah the HF5 would be a great ER4 alternative. If you have to have some other BA options there's the MEElec A161P, which is a little more biased towards the low end, and the UE600, which is a little more biased towards the midrange, at least the way I hear it. I would just go ahead and get the HF5.

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #9,667 of 16,931
I love my RE-400! 

I love them that much, I might make some custom sleeves! 

I was curious about the PFE, I ordered the 012, and some grey filters. The highs do seem uneven, definitely forward, or at least to my ears, though not harsh.  Not only that, but wearing them over the ear has been somewhat problematic for me. The RE-400s are very good.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.  

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #9,668 of 16,931
Thanks for the tips about the clips guys!

Quote:
Anyone ever seen these sold separately? Would totally buy some. 

Me too! That is exactly like the one that I had and lost - it was great. I think I got mine along with my fxd70's. But  as you know, they appear to be difficult (if not impossible) to find online.

So for now, I went with the option that DonRadlauer presented. Thanks again.

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #9,670 of 16,931
Quote:
I love my RE-400! 

I love them that much, I might make some custom sleeves! 

I was curious about the PFE, I ordered the 012, and some grey filters. The highs do seem uneven, definitely forward, or at least to my ears, though not harsh.  Not only that, but wearing them over the ear has been somewhat problematic for me. The RE-400s are very good.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.  

Glad you like 'em 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
When is the Re600 going to be released?  Hoping for something pretty amazing at almost $500.

Not a clue. The RE-400 will certainly be a tough act to follow so I'll be very curious to hear it.

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #9,671 of 16,931
Hi, joker:

I just sent my impressions to UM lab, and right now just want to make some guesses of my pending Miracles by comparing with EX1000. And you might be the few people who really heard both. So could you please offer a little more comparisons between Sony EX1000 and Miracles? (I also have TG334, but Miracles and TG 334 are quite different.)
Someone told me that EX1000 and Miracles sound quite similar, but, to my ear, i even don't think EX1000 is extremely balanced though it sounds just balanced. EX1000's midrange to highs is too thin and bright to me. It makes me feel slightly fatiguing. Spending an hour listening to certain songs with my EX1000 is torturing. I like EX1000's spacious soudstage and bass, which is tight, quick and impactful, however, lacks midbass. So it sounds a little dull to me. Does Miracles offer a thicker vocal, a smoother and neutral highs and more quantities of bass?(only compared to EX1000)

Thanks 
Alias G

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #9,673 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi, joker:

I just sent my impressions to UM lab, and right now just want to make some guesses of my pending Miracles by comparing with EX1000. And you might be the few people who really heard both. So could you please offer a little more comparisons between Sony EX1000 and Miracles? (I also have TG334, but Miracles and TG 334 are quite different.)
Someone told me that EX1000 and Miracles sound quite similar, but, to my ear, i even don't think EX1000 is extremely balanced though it sounds just balanced. EX1000's midrange to highs is too thin and bright to me. It makes me feel slightly fatiguing. Spending an hour listening to certain songs with my EX1000 is torturing. I like EX1000's spacious soudstage and bass, which is tight, quick and impactful, however, lacks midbass. So it sounds a little dull to me. Does Miracles offer a thicker vocal, a smoother and neutral highs and more quantities of bass?(only compared to EX1000)

Thanks 
Alias G

I don't think the MIracle and EX1000 are too similar. The Miracle is smoother and a little warmer, with less strident upper midrange and treble. I don't think you'll get much more mid-bass out of the Miracle so it may not quite satisfy in that respect but it rolls off less in sub-bass. It's also almost as spacious as the EX1000 without losing its excellent depth and layering (which the EX1000 can't quite match). 

Quote:
hey joker you planning on getting the RE600?  I'll be getting the ATH CKS1000.  IF you want after I do about 100 hrs of burn in I can send them to you to do some impressions.  

I don't really know much about the RE-600 at this point. I think I should finish the RE-400 review first before making additional plans. I don't think I can fit in an additional stint with a CKS1000 at this time, either. If it's leagues ahead of your MG7 I might change my mind, though 
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #9,674 of 16,931
Quote:

I don't think the MIracle and EX1000 are too similar. The Miracle is smoother and a little warmer, with less strident upper midrange and treble. I don't think you'll get much more mid-bass out of the Miracle so it may not quite satisfy in that respect but it rolls off less in sub-bass. It's also almost as spacious as the EX1000 without losing its excellent depth and layering (which the EX1000 can't quite match). 

I don't really know much about the RE-600 at this point. I think I should finish the RE-400 review first before making additional plans. I don't think I can fit in an additional stint with a CKS1000 at this time, either. If it's leagues ahead of your MG7 I might change my mind, though 
wink.gif

Thanks, dear joker. You just reassured my decision has been exactly right.
You might be asked for thousands of times: would you like to write a review about IE800?
Because the sound of IE800 seems very controversial among my friends.

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #9,675 of 16,931
Quote:

wink.gif

Sure I'll let you know.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back