muhahahaha I have the sony v600s again!
Jul 31, 2004 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Reck45

100+ Head-Fier
Actaully they are my brothers.He got the 497s on my recommendation later though. Wow they are bad. Believe it or not they are maybe worth around 30 bucks. My brain was trying to fool me before I got into the better stuff. I used to think they sounded decent but in reality they are about equal to the koss UR 30s. They are muddy with bloated sound. Yet the highs somehow still manage to be shrill. I can't believe sony wanted 100 bucks for these piles of crap. What are they thinking? The soundstage is resonably wide sideways actually, but the music has no depth.
blink.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 12
v600 is bad, especially comparing to their price....it's bigger brother,
v900, might be a better choice....although it also doesn't woth it's price...

Aug 1, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 12
I will confess that once upon a time, many years ago before I was on the internet and has access to real information, I owned the V600. I picked mine up for the same reasons a lot of people probably do:

-They look like serious studio-monitor cans, and are usually placed in stores so they appear to be the top-of-the-line product.

-They have Sony written on them, which used to mean something.

-No regular consumer store that sells the V600 ALSO sells the V6, to my knowledge, which keeps customers from asking comparison questions.

-The big reason in my case, and an ongoing problem: People confuse the V600 with the V6, which was top rated by consumer Reports years ago. I honestly thought I was buying a top-rated headphone, and as a headphone newbie I didn't have a frame of reference in my own ears.

So. My soul is now cleansed, since I purchased a V6...and my A900 has pretty well completed my salvation process.

Aug 1, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 12
Consumer Reports actually tested the V600 back in November 2002. It was one of a group of headphones that scored just mediocre in their overall rankings.

Aug 1, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #8 of 12
The Number One V-CRAP in America is trying to fool its buyers...
evil_smiley.gif

Fool us once, shame on them... Fool us twice, shame on us...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

(Adapted from the saying "Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me...")

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi
i think sony needs to continue v600 forever, so that head-fiers can have fun bashing them whenever they want.

Good Idea
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

oh and btw, I guess that V6 is the 7506 model....what about V7?? I just don't know what V7 is.....is it the 7509 model??

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #12 of 12
*coughs* believe it or not....I'm using the koss ur 20s for the rest of the summer! It's not worth risking hearing damage...I would actually be using the v600s but they are in such nasty shape. Pretty pathetic... I'm only listening to them at half volume from what my 555s were set at and it's plenty. Even with the case on my computer on it still is annoying to be using the senns... I also have a big window fan at my back.

I guess I'll get the a900s for my computer phones eventually. How do those stack up against the 555s? Or the a500? Damn I should have got those in the first place...I guess on the positive side I won't need an amp for those at all.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back