MS2i on ebay
Aug 27, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 11
That'd be cool if they'd just stay at that price!

A nice looking pair of older MS2. Shame we can't see more of them to be sure of their condition.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 11
For the record... there really isn't such thing as an "MS2i". There is no "i" version of the MS2. There is only the MS2. The "MS2i" is a fictitious name, given to the MS2 by head-fiers, when Alessandro switched to the larger earcup.

Those cans in the auction, are the older, original version of the MS2 with the smaller earcups.

Aug 27, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 11
The only difference between the old and the new models is in the mushroom shaped housing. The drivers weren't changed, so the cans all sound the same. The only other difference is in the headband; the new ones for about the last year or so have been the same band as found on the MS-Pro.

So other than the band, they're the same as the newer ones. They just look different!

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn it! and i was just about to bid...thanks, kramer5150!

Newer isn't always better...

The drivers haven't changed Only the earcup housing outside diameter. The sound-chamber has always been the same, and the drivers haven't changed any.

The current earcups are very heavy and uncomfortable (IMHO).

I think these (being older) could end up being a very good deal.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 11
Anybody happen to know the seller? Only 1 feedback s a little scarry.

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #9 of 11
i bet the price will near retail.. nearly all grados on ebay do

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Newer isn't always better...

The drivers haven't changed Only the earcup housing outside diameter. The sound-chamber has always been the same, and the drivers haven't changed any.

The current earcups are very heavy and uncomfortable (IMHO).

I think these (being older) could end up being a very good deal.

x2. I actually prefer my original MS2's to the modified MS2's which I call MS2i's
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back