MS2i Disappointment
Jun 30, 2005 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

TheGreenBastard

New Head-Fier
Just got my new MS2i cans.........I know what your thinking, give them time to burn in, upgrade your source and or amp, but that's not it. I love the sound of these babies! I've had them on my head ever since I got off work. I'm disappointed because they have black metal grills like the SR325i and not the silver ones I've seen posted in all the pics. In reality they still sound the same but I really wanted the silver grills. I'll live though! Actually they are starting to grow on me but I was a little bummed at first. Anyway the whole point of this thread was to see if many others have received MS2i's with black grills. I'll post some pics when I get a chance but lately I've been very busy fighting evil.
very_evil_smiley.gif
In a day or two I'll have some down time and will get a chance then. Thanks.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 32
Are you sure they're not the old 325 you're getting ?

As far as I know, they are all silver, or in the case of 325i golden ?

You can just get an MS2 (silver) instead though, they really sound great.

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 32
Hi all,

Before we all get beside ourselves, my question is: Isn't all the SR-325i/MS-2i has golden HOUSING and black GRILL?

Overlunge

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard
Just got my new MS2i cans.........I know what your thinking, give them time to burn in, upgrade your source and or amp, but that's not it. I love the sound of these babies! I've had them on my head ever since I got off work. I'm disappointed because they have black metal grills like the SR325i and not the silver ones I've seen posted in all the pics. In reality they still sound the same but I really wanted the silver grills. I'll live though! Actually they are starting to grow on me but I was a little bummed at first. Anyway the whole point of this thread was to see if many others have received MS2i's with black grills. I'll post some pics when I get a chance but lately I've been very busy fighting evil.
very_evil_smiley.gif
In a day or two I'll have some down time and will get a chance then. Thanks.

Your MS2i is counterfait.
redface.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Hi all,

Before we all get beside ourselves, my question is: Isn't all the SR-325i/MS-2i has golden HOUSING and black GRILL?

Overlunge

SR-325i has golden housing and black grill.

MS-2i has silver housing and silver grill.

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #9 of 32
I guess if it really bothers you that much, you could swap out the black grills for some silver ones. The procedure is described on "Headwize". In that example they are removing the plastic grills from one of the lower end Grados and replacing with the metal mesh type grill.

- augustwest

Jun 30, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #10 of 32
This thread is useless without Pics!
icon10.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #11 of 32
I wouldn't be surprised if the Alessandro Music Series II headphone is more attractive with silver alloy housings and black grill trim. Please share images.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 32
Wow, that's really interesting. Silver cups with silver screen here!
biggrin.gif

Please do post some pictures, that would be interesting to see. I bet it doesn't look soo bad
tongue.gif
. And who cares! Didn't we just have that big thread on the build quality of Grado 'phones? And what was the general consensus? That sound is indeed more important than looks, I mean...we are Grado-heads right?!
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #13 of 32
PICS PICS PICS!!!

Ive been thinking about modiong my MS2 with a black mesh of some sort.

401268_311_full.jpg

Wanna trade
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
... sorry I had to try.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back