MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Jul 18, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #199 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes; it does appear that quality can be spotty at times. For what it's worth though, the newer MS2i that I received last September was one of the "perfect" variety also. Not everyone can say that, unfortunately.

No offence, but I sometimes get the impression that "indestructability" isn't prominent part of the american industrial culture anyway (with the exception of the Leatherman tool and the Maglite torch).

I personally can live with that, in worst case there's always the possibility to pimp up things with epoxy.
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #202 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by doty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guy..i will be getting ms-2 as soon as its in stock. one question, will the ms-2 works well with the e-mu 0404 usb dac? im running on mac. thanks!

Hi,

This was my setup until recently, and it works just fine. The combination of the revealing DAC in the 0404 and the revealing and bright MS2i can be a little cold and a bit harsh in the highs, but it still sounds quite good. Adding a tube amp between them (in my case, a mapletree ear+) adds a bit of tubey warmness and tames the highs a bit.

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #203 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Djarum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

This was my setup until recently, and it works just fine. The combination of the revealing DAC in the 0404 and the revealing and bright MS2i can be a little cold and a bit harsh in the highs, but it still sounds quite good. Adding a tube amp between them (in my case, a mapletree ear+) adds a bit of tubey warmness and tames the highs a bit.

So what it will be the best DAC for the ms2i in the price range of 0404?

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #204 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by UtzY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what it will be the best DAC for the ms2i in the price range of 0404?

I'm afraid I've only heard it using the 0404, so I can't really be of help there. I would say though that I think the problem in the 0404 is the amp, not the DAC. Using computer -> 0404 -> MAD Ear+ -> MS2i (or Senn HD545) works great for me, so I'm quite happy with the 0404 as a DAC. Tehn again, I was also pretty happy with plugging the phones right into the 0404 directly.. until I heard it with a tube amp added in (sorry wallet!).

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #206 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this thread deserves to witness the pictorial triumverate of evil - they started the second coming of MS-2 FOTM frenzy last year-

How come my MS2 pictures weren't there? I'm offended.
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #208 of 512
pulled the trigger today.

I hope things go smoothly getting the phones.

In the meantime, I didn't realize I needed a adapter to plug it into my corda move, anyone want to link me to a good one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back