MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
May 25, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #332 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent Alessandro an email and it turns out that MS2s are vegan.

Hooray!

Me? I prefer to know that something died for my listening pleasure.......

May 25, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #333 of 512
This thread makes me wanna try MS-2 more and more. arrrrrg....

May 25, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #334 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hooray!

Me? I prefer to know that something died for my listening pleasure.......

That wasn't even close to being funny.

May 25, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #335 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That wasn't even close to being funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny. I'm dead serious.

May 29, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #336 of 512
I've just put a WTB post for MS-2i so that I can see what all the rave is about. Hopefully I can find one soon. ooh...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #337 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hd650 is disappointing me.
now i am thinking about buying a pair of ms2 (which means i'm gonna buy it
redface.gif
).
however, the grado comfort issue is a BIG problem for me. i used to have sr325i but i sold it after using it for a month or two. the comfort issue was the main reason.
whats the best way to improve the comfort?

also, is alessandro website the only place where i can buy ms2?

Look up the sock mod, basically you roll up some socks on the grado bowls to improve comfort.

HeadWize - Project: The Collected Grado Headphone Mods by "Skippy" et al.

May 30, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #338 of 512
I haven't had any issues with the comfort levels of these phones. If anything, I wish my pair was a bit tighter. I can't even come close to headbanging without them falling off.
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #340 of 512
been enjoying ms2 for a week now. rock music on sr325i was great but ms2 takes it to another level for my ears. 5 minutes was all i needed to decide that these were the perfect cans for me, sound-quality-wise that is.
already tried the flats but they added unnecessary bass and killed the details. the comfort level was even worse than the stock pads. didn't like it. sold.
now, i'm waiting for the yellow senn pads.
anyway, i am loving ms2 so much, my dt990 is crying all alone on the wall.

Jun 6, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #341 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't had any issues with the comfort levels of these phones. If anything, I wish my pair was a bit tighter. I can't even come close to headbanging without them falling off.
biggrin.gif

Ah Yes! A Common Problem!

I found I had to re-train myself to do more violent foot stompin', and more importantly do my head boppin' side to side!
cool.gif

The nice thing about the headband though is that they can be tied in knots if we wanted to. It took me a few tries in bending them to get them just right!
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #342 of 512
these sound so good. i'm listening to everything again.

Using my computer as a source, USB output to a GoVibe Magnum USB DAC/AMP to the MS2.

Sounds considerably better than the sony/SE530 combination.

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #343 of 512
Here are photos of my ms2 in its personalized box. I ordered the box online (handmade in canada) for only about $65 including the engraving and shipping. Quite a deal if you ask me! The stock Grado pizza-box foam fit perfectly, without any modifications at all!
ms2bpy5.jpg

ms2amu1.jpg

Also in the pic is a Cardas 6" cable and pa2v2. I wish I could afford a Ray Samuels amp, but I'm a college student! Either way it looks like I have to sell the setup to fund my new guitar! I wanna keep it, but you just cant have so many nice things at once.

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #345 of 512
Hey, I've got a set of fatboys on the way to me right now. I've been reading around, and notice (on this thread) no one has appreciated the ms2 for...2 months now. Is there any truth to:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a hardcore Alessandro creature and know all models very well.

I personally suggest starting with the well balanced and affordeable MS1, it has the greater musical bandwidth, the better tone and a much better "emotional factor". The MS2i is technically superior, but it has severe fatiguing issues (sound and comfort). IMO only for hardcore metal and rock listeners with exceptional affinity towards agressive sound signature.

It is no coincidence that MS2s tend to get sold after half a year when the 1st raving has settled down.

If you feel like getting something better after the MS1, you better get the MS Pro, that is the real stuff.

???

I know I'm going to enjoy them. Just I notice also some people who raved about them in the threads have now sold them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back